Question about DVD & Blu-Ray Players
SOURCE: RESET APPEARS ON DVD PLAYER
You may have accidentally activated the reset on the unit. This is done when you hold down the FFW button on the front of the unit without any disc inside.
All you need to do is turn off the unit and turn it back on. If the word RESET still appears, get the remote control and press 1. It should work fine after that.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
2) Press the Open/Close button to open the tray
3) Press the info button, the firmware version shows up (mine was 080220.13.B.1080PXKEG)
4) After the version info disappears, close the tray again by pressing the Open/Close button
5) At this point, it will show "no disc" at the top. Press the Info button again, and this will disappear.
6) Now type the code that applies for your region (R4 is 76884). A '4' will briefly show up at the top left corner
7) Now press 9, and 9 will show up in the top left corner
8) Power off the player, and turn it on again. You'll have a multi region player
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | Samsung DVD-1080P8/XEU DVD Player
Apr 05, 2010 | Samsung DVD-1080P8/XEU DVD Player
Aug 29, 2009 | Samsung DVD-1080P8/XEU DVD Player
May 17, 2009 | Samsung DVD-1080P8/XEU DVD Player
Apr 18, 2009 | Samsung DVD-1080P8/XEU DVD Player
Mar 05, 2009 | Samsung DVD-1080P8/XEU DVD Player
Dec 27, 2008 | Samsung DVD-1080P8/XEU DVD Player
Oct 15, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Dec 10, 2016 | Samsung DVD & Blu-Ray Players
1,102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!