Lewmark X8350 Printer
Please remove the cartridges from the printer. Take a dry lint free paper towel and gently wipe the contacts on the back of the cartridge (not the bottom from where ink is present). Wipe the contacts inside the printer (on cartridge carrier). Please try to print the self test page.
Begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at
least "30 seconds." This is essential. Then plug the printer back in and follow these
1. Press the "Copy" button.
2. Press the "Menu" button.
3. Press the down arrow button once or until the screen displays "Maintenance."
4. Press the check mark button to select the "Maintenance" menu.
5. Press the down arrow button three times until the screen displays "Print Test Page."
6. Press the check mark button to select this. The Self-Test will start printing.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either black or color bars, if not both
(if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously.) Should this
test fail, try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take
paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware
issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any
cartridges installed, run the self-test again with the color cartridge installed. (If you
have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the
black cartridge installed.) If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail,
A technique to improve print quality is to try and clean the cartridge nozzles. You can clean the cartridge using the following steps given below:
Click on "Start," go to "All Programs," and down to the Lexmark. Click on the "Solution Center." Next, click on the "Maintenance" tab. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips." This will produce a printed page.
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Please open the "Solution Center" again and go to the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge (or cartridges) from the printer.
3. Get a damp paper towel.
4. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
5. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
6. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
7. Snap the cartridges back into the printer.
8. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge install."
9. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" one more time. If this fails to address the problem, the entire procedure may need repeating.
If you have replaced your ink cartridge with a new one and are continuing to experience difficulties with print quality, please try cleaning and wicking the ink cartridge. If this fails to resolve the issue, the maintenance station may have an excess build-up of ink.
The maintenance station is located inside the printer on the right hand side. This is the same area where the cartridges sit when in the "idle" position. To access the maintenance station: Unplug everything from the back of your printer, open the front cover and look above the steel rod. You should see a conveyor belt with rubber teeth on it, like a fanbelt. On some models, the cartridge access will be very small, but the belt should still be visible. Take the top part of the belt and move it gently to the right.
***Note*** please do not pull outwards on the belt. The cartridges should come over towards the left side of the printer. The maintenance station will be on the right side on the bottom of the printer behind the fixed cover. Clean the area with several damp cotton swabs or damp papertowels until the build up of ink is removed.
Once the maintenance station has been cleaned you should "wick" the cartridges. Remove the cartridge from the printer. Get a clean damp paper towel and lay it on a flat surface. Set the ink cartridge right side up, with the ink nozzles touching the towel and hold in this position for about 15 seconds. Then wipe the nozzles across in one direction only (left to right). Repeat this process, each time using a clean spot on the paper towel, until it looks clean. Dab the cartridge on a dry towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
After you have wicked the cartridges place them back into the printer, securing them into place. Plug the power back into the printer. Close the cover and click on "Old Cartridge Installed" on the "Control Program" screen. Once the printer has reset, run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page twice. This should resolve the issue.
your's tech expert
Oct 15, 2007 |
Lexmark X8350 All-In-One InkJet Printer