Question about Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Sound was working fine now I get nothing. I can not get any sound when playing movies or games. Can it be fixed or can I replace the sound card?
There are two sides of the problem. Hardware and software. To check whether the hardware is defective:
Try running the Pre-boot System Assessment (PSA):
1. Shutdown system
2. Press and hold on the "Fn" key.
3. Press the power button to turn the system on while holding on the "Fn" key.
4. Run the PSA until you get to the "colored bars". Then press "N" to say no.
5. Should you hear the beep codes, that means that the sound card is working fine. If you don't hear anything, then you need to replace your motherboard.
Now if your hear beeps that means that there's something wrong with the driver and audio settings. Do the following:
1. Right-click on My Computer then click on Properties
2. Click on Hardware then Device Manager
3. Click on the (+) beside Sound and Audio Devices
4. Right click on Sigmatel then click "Uninstall".
5. Go to support.dell.com
6. Click on Drivers and Downloads
7. Enter the Service Tag of your system (found at the bottom of your laptop)
8. Then download the audio driver. Just save it on your desktop first.
9. Restart the computer.
10. Install the driver.
11. Go to Control Panel -> Sounds and audio
12. Make sure that Sigmatel is the default sound device.
Please rate this solution if this helps.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
Try reinstalling your device driver
Posted on Jun 23, 2008
Please. i have dell latitude D600. i cant hear any sound the system sound and the earphone and also i have another one that is power off.please can you help me out?
Posted on Jan 06, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Jun 23, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Apr 09, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
Oct 13, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Dec 30, 2009 | Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Notebook
Nov 25, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Nov 06, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Apr 26, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Jun 26, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
3,897 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!