Question about Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
The washer starts, fills with water and after a minute shuts off. Running through the "dial" it will drain, but drum does not move. Checked belt and it is on and motor moves freely.
NGAFM1 AT YOUR SERVICE
It pumps, but doesn't spin If your washer pumps out the water but doesn't spin, check these:
* The lid switch may be defective. If it is, the washing machine doesn't spin. The switch is inside the washing machine main housing near the door frame. Often you have to raise or open the top or front of the washing machine to get to the switch. If it's defective, you need to replace it.
* The motor coupler may be broken. Many Whirlpool®-manufactured washers use a small, relatively inexpensive motor coupling. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the coupler wears out and fails. You may need to replace it.
* A belt may be broken. Many washing machines have one or two belts. If a belt is broken or badly worn, you need to replace it with a genuine belt from the manufacturer. (Some washing machine belts are designed with special characteristics not found in automotive belts.)
* The clutch may be worn. If your washer is a GE, it may use a clutch to come up to the proper spin speed. As the clutch wears out, it may prevent the unit from spinning well or at all. If the clutch is worn, you need to replace it. For this job, you probably want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician.
* The drive motor may be defective. Many washer brands use a reversing motor. For agitation the motor runs in one direction, for spinning and draining, the other. It's possible for a motor to burn out in one direction and continue to operate in the other. If this happens, you need to replace the entire motor.
PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD RATING HERE AT FIXYA.COM BEFORE YOU SIGN OFF!
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2014 | Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer
Aug 26, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
Mar 30, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Mar 25, 2010 | Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
Dec 26, 2008 | Maytag MAT12CS Top Load Washer
Nov 22, 2008 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Aug 06, 2008 | Maytag Performa PAV2200
Apr 16, 2008 | Washing Machines
334 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: