Question about Computers & Internet
Storm shut down power, when the power came back on, tried to power up the computer nothing happens, just blinking green light on the back, there is a red knob that if you turn appears to affect the speed of blinking
1. Your smps is OK for power supply
2. check the beep sound for RAM and Video card (If it is long beep the RAM is having and short and frequent the Video card) o
3. Remove RAM then start ssytem see the response shoutdown, clean the RAM place it back start the ssytem
4. Remove the CMOS battery or short the jumber for any setting in BIOS start the ssytem
5. Disconnect all the cables connecting motherboard including Hard disk except SMPS power supply to Mother board
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2014 | HP Pavilion Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2017 | Computers & Internet
May 23, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Aug 15, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 30, 2008 | HP Pavilion a1410n (ER890AA) PC Desktop
Mar 25, 2008 | HP Pavilion a420n PC Desktop
Jan 07, 2008 | HP Pavilion a805n (PS519AA) PC Desktop
924 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!