Question about Gateway Computers & Internet
1. Uninstall Unneeded Programs (Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs) Keeps at least 10% of your HDD free, 20% is preferred. Windows uses this space for it's swapfile.
2. Scan Your Hard Disk for Errors. (Double-Click MY COMPUTER, Right Click C:, Properties, TOOLS TAB)
3. Scan for Viruses (If you don't have an updated and functional AV, http://free.grisoft.com)
4. Check for Spyware and Adware (http://www.download.com, Spybot search and destroy)
5. Defragment Your Hard Drive (Double-Click MY COMPUTER, Right Click C:, Properties, TOOLS TAB)
6. Adjust Visual Effects for Better Performance (Right-Click the MY Computer Icon, Properties, Advanced TAB)
7. Stop Programs from starting on Windows boot (Start, RUN, MSCONFIG)
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2014 | Facebook Social Network
May 25, 2010 | D-Link WUA-2340 (ASKU55774) Wireless...
Mar 06, 2010 | Apple AirPort Extreme Router
Jan 02, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Nov 23, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Oct 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!