Question about Gateway PC Desktops
1. Uninstall Unneeded Programs (Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs) Keeps at least 10% of your HDD free, 20% is preferred. Windows uses this space for it's swapfile.
2. Scan Your Hard Disk for Errors. (Double-Click MY COMPUTER, Right Click C:, Properties, TOOLS TAB)
3. Scan for Viruses (If you don't have an updated and functional AV, http://free.grisoft.com)
4. Check for Spyware and Adware (http://www.download.com, Spybot search and destroy)
5. Defragment Your Hard Drive (Double-Click MY COMPUTER, Right Click C:, Properties, TOOLS TAB)
6. Adjust Visual Effects for Better Performance (Right-Click the MY Computer Icon, Properties, Advanced TAB)
7. Stop Programs from starting on Windows boot (Start, RUN, MSCONFIG)
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2012 | Acer Aspire AX3300U1322 Athlon II X4...
Feb 03, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4400 PC Desktop
Jul 31, 2010 | HP D530 PC Desktop
Jan 02, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Nov 23, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Nov 23, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Nov 15, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer...
Oct 08, 2008 | PC Desktops
Nov 04, 2016 | Gateway DX4720-03 PC Desktop
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: