Question about Electrolux Lux 5500 Canister Vacuum
This should really be done by an authorized Aerus Electrolux servich technician. I've seen quite a few dismantled machines come into the shop because the owner couldn't figure out how to put it back together properly. And the cordwinder can be even more difficult. The service techs really don't like to put together a dismantled machine.
There are no back latches.
However, to open the canister:
You will need a flathead screwdrive and a hammer.
1. Remove bag
2. Lay on one side, with bag door open all the way
3. Push tip of screwdriver in the back of side rubber strip.
4. Use hammer to hit screwdrive toward front of vacuum.
5. When strip is 5-6 inches out, grasp with fingers and and slide gently out the front of vacuum.
6. Repeat for other side.
7. Lay machine on it's top and lift bottom half of canister off top half.
8. You now have access to cordwinder. I suggest you take notes as you go so you remember where everything goes.
Putting it back together isn't this easy.
Posted on Nov 23, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2014 | Eureka Rally 2 Canister Vacuum with...
Oct 14, 2013 | Hoover UH70120 WindTunnel TSeries Rewind...
Jun 15, 2011 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Dec 19, 2010 | Electrolux Lux 5500 Canister Vacuum
Oct 09, 2009 | Riccar Vacuums
Sep 27, 2009 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Jan 04, 2009 | Bissell 37604 Lift-Off Pet Bagless Upright...
Dec 29, 2008 | Hoover S3639 WindTunnel Bagged Canister...
Apr 12, 2008 | Electrolux Lux 7000 Bagged Canister Vacuum
389 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: