An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: maytag neptune washer
The lid lock is on the right side but the switch that senses if the lid is locked is on the left side. Could be that the sensing switch is loose or faulty. You could try to bypass it BUT only to see if that is the problem. NEVER leave it in the bypassed position.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Aug 5, 2007 - 19 posts - 8 authors
Forum discussion: We have a Maytag Neptune front-loader washing machine that ...the drain/spin cycle after a wash even though the timer continues to ... related circuit board failure" their Neptune washer will lock the door, turn on the ... then will either not start tumbling or will stop operation mid-spin cycle.
May 13, 2013 - The absolute first thing to do to your washing machine that will notspin or drain (whether it. ... I was so fed up with the machine sometimes refusing to spin or drain the .... I just did a load and it stopped midcycle with e and f error codes.... I tried different cycles but all that happens is the door lock engages ...
To unlock the door, follow these instructions: 1) unplug the power cord
2) shut off all water connections and remove hoses from source.
3) unscrew the metal access panel on the back side of the touch pad console on the back/top of the unit.
4) unplug the white, three pin connector(red, blue, & yellow wires that are in this order from left-to-right when looking from the back of the washer to the front)
5) plug the power cord into the wall receptacle
6) press the "delicates" & "heavy soil" buttons at the same time for 3 seconds(this puts the unit into the "service mode"
7) press the "extra rinse" button(this will UNLOCK the door Note: I am sending this to MAYTAG as well, although they and their lousy service system and their authorized service affiliates would not even think of offering such emergency help on any web site ....xkellyx
maytag had many problems with this issue. "Lr" is a locked rotor in the motor. there is actually a motor control conversion kit maytag put out to fix this issue. And depending on the series number (first to numbers in the serial #) of your washer, there is a 10 year warranty for this kit. the kit is a new dc motor, motor control board, and harness. you should call maytag to see if you machine qualifies for this, the kits are expensive if you have to buy it. if you door wont unlock, and you need to get cloths out, open the lid for the detergent. look on the right side and the front inside where you put detergent in. you will see a green or red cord, that is the door lock release. if you pull on it, it will unlock the door, just dont pull to hard. good luck, shane
If you are not getting any error codes pertaining to the door lock and you are getting wash and rinse then the problem would seem to be that the water is not draining. Machine will not go into SPIN if the pressure switch senses that there is still water in the basket.