Question about Umax Astra 2000P Flatbed Scanner
2. Windows XP dous not recognize it in windows explorer, but it does in device mgr
Look around the scanner, there is either a locking screw or a locking bar in the back or bottom of the scanner.
your second problem is that if the scanner is seen in device manager as a scanner then your graphics editor should have the ability to "aquire" the data from the scanner.
window's "Paint" program, if you pull it up, go to "File" then "From scanner or camera" and then go from there.
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2013 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 25 Flatbed Scanner
Jul 26, 2013 | SVP FS1000 Film Scanner
Aug 18, 2011 | Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL Flatbed Scanner
Aug 04, 2011 | Visioneer Strobe XP 220 Flatbed Scanner
1. Turn on the computer.
2. Insert the installation CD into the CDROM
drive and the installation menu will appear. *
3. When you see the installation menu, click Install Driver.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. When the driver installation is complete, click BlazePhoto to install the software.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. If your computer does not have DirectX 9.0 or greater or Adobe Reader, click those items to install them. (If your
computer is using Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Professional, this is not
8. Click Exit to close the window.
Note: The first time you connect PICS 2 PC to your computer, wait a few seconds until you see a dialog box
that says "Found New Hardware" (this means the computer recognizes the PICS 2 PC). After you see this,
PICS 2 PC is ready to use.
If you followed the above instruction and still have a problem, reinstall (first, Remove from Add/Remove Programs) the software and be certain that the USB cable is snug.
If your computer is not recognizing the ION PIC2, be certain that your computer has a USB 2.0 port. Check your Device Manager to verify what USB port.
If still a problem, what error message(s) are you getting ? What operating system software (Vista, Windows 7, etc.) ?
Hope this helps.
Jun 28, 2011 | Scanners
Aug 02, 2009 | Pacific Image PrimeFilm 1800 Film Scanner
Feb 16, 2009 | Umax Astra 3400 Flatbed Scanner
Sep 19, 2007 | Fujitsu fi-5650C Path-Through Scanner
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!