A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Electronic Control Module, the engine management computer in plain English, the brain box in slang; some car makers call theirs an ECU (Electronic Control Unit), or a PCM (Program Control Module, or Powertrain Control Module), or ECM (Electronic Control Module). May even be other names for them. The engine computer uses several sensors (as inputs) to compute fuel requirements and spark timing (ignition timing) needed for the operating conditions at that moment, then it sends signals to controllers and switches (outputs) to run the engine at optimum efficiency.
Have it checked for DTC'S - diagnostic trouble code's . I suspect the problem is with the tdm module or the ignition switch ???? Assuming will only get you into trouble . If the PCM - engine computer does not see the right coded meassage from the TDM it won't turn on the fuel injectors or it will cut them off in two seconds . . Buick Security Systems 1998 Chevy is the same .
Ignition Key With Wrong Resistor Pellet Code is Used To Start Engine
The theft deterrent module performs one of the two following actions when you attempt to start the vehicle with a wrong ignition key:
• There are 15 PASS-Key® II resistance ranges. The PASS-Key® II resistance may be one of the 14 valid but incorrect PASS-Key® II resistance ranges. The theft deterrent module will perform the following actions when you attempt to start the vehicle (if the condition is present during an engine start attempt or for 1 second any time after the engine has started):
• Turns on the SECURITY indicator
• Sends a password to the PCM through the fuel enable signal circuit
• The password disables fuel delivery to the engine.
• Disables the theft deterrent relay, which disables the starter circuit
• Disables sampling of the PASS-Key® II resistance for 3 minutes
• The 3 minute time period is called the shut-down period.
• Disconnecting the battery will not clear the timer sequence. The timer sequence will resume when battery power is restored.
• Inserting the proper key during the vehicle shut-down period will not start the engine. The engine will not start until the shut-down period has elapsed.
• After the shut-down period, the engine will start if the correct ignition key resistor pellet is used.
• The PASS-Key® II resistance may be correct and allow the engine to start. Later during the same ignition cycle, the PASS-Key® II resistance may be one of the 14 valid but incorrect resistance ranges. The theft deterrent module will perform the following actions:
• Enters the fail-enable mode
• Turns ON the SECURITY indicator
• Sends a password to the PCM through the fuel enable signal circuit when more attempts to start the engine occur
• The password allows the fuel enable circuit to deliver fuel to the engine.
• Enables the theft deterrent relay, which also enables the starter circuit.
Ignition Key With Correct Resistor Pellet Code is Used To Start Engine
The theft deterrent module performs the following actions when the correct ignition key is used in order to start the vehicle:
• Enables the theft deterrent relay. The theft deterrent relay enables the starter unit.
• Sends a password to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) through the fuel enable signal circuit. As a result, the PCM allows fuel delivery to the engine.
Hi. This will be the result of a failed timer motor, or the dial cogs could be worn in the less dry section of the timer dial plate. Generally, this will require you to replace the damaged component. This will be the timer module, itself. It is damaged.
Replacing the timer control module, will correct this issue.
HI. Due to the fact that the timer is not advancing, this will lead me to believe that the timer is the culprit here. The timer is equipped with a motor. this motor, when energized, will advance the timer dial, thus, activating the unit, and progressing the cycle. If the motor is damaged, as in your case, the unit will not heat, or run correctly. Simply replacing the timer control module will correct this problem.
HI. This is a defective timer motor. The motor, when energized, is responsible for the forward advancement of the timer dial. If the motor has failed, the advancement will not be possible, thus, rendering the unit inoperable. This damaged timer module must be replaced. Once replaced, the unit will operate correctly.
HI. This unit is not equipped with a traditional timer. Your unit has, what is called an Adaptive defrost control board. This device is used to regulate the defrosting cycle, and heater assembly. The part number is 61005988, and it is located in the control housing section of the unit, just above the heat shield section.
HI, This will occur when the timer mechinism(washer dial) has failed. The main cause of this type of failure will be timer motor breakdown. The timer motor is essential to the sequential balance of the cycle that is selected. If it is unable to rotate the dial properly, it will not allow the unit to operate correctly.
Replacing the timer module will correct this issue you are experiencing at this time.
hi I'm litoshop you can get a used unit or a rebuild you can call my friend in Florida his name is Edgar 1-800-353-0265 he is a very reliable person and can get both new or used good luck. if this information has been useful please let use know thank you