I purchased below mentioned Phillips DVD player from Best buy at Arlington heights store. Philips - DVD Player with HD Upconversion DVP5990/37
As per the specification, the power supply for the prouct is 120V. I would be taking it to India, where I need a 240V power supply. So, I cannot use the Phillips DVD player there.
How to handle this situation ?
1. Can I return it back to Best buy ?
2. Can I get the same product with power supply of 240V ?
3. Is there any converter available for 120V to 240V ?
4. Can I exchange it with another DVD player of my choice [I'll pay the extra cost]
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 200 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: DVD player Power supply problem
Hey Maharatha, In order to use this DVD player overseas, a foreign voltage converter may be all that you need to ensure that it functions properly. Many major retailers (including your local Best Buy™ store) should sell 240V to 120V voltage converters, but the brands available and product pricing may vary from store to store location. If you would prefer to avoid looking for a voltage adaptor, remember that Best Buy™ stores do offer a 30-day return and exchange period for all DVD players we sell. Once beyond this point however, we would be unable to take the product back. Additionally, please keep in mind that the vast majority of electronics that are sold within the United States will be designed to function using a 120V/60Hz electrical current. While some products may exist that are able to support both the U.S. and Indian electrical standards, it cannot be guaranteed that your local store will carry such an item in stock. Hope this helps you out. Sincerely, Aaron Go Ahead. Use Us.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow these steps (even if you are sure you have done them correctly :)
1) Check if something is blocking the path between the remote and the IR sensor on the DVD player.
2) Check your remote control batteries to make sure you have fresh batteries inside(try with new ones to be sure)
3) Make sure that you have inserted the batteries according to the polarity that is instructed.
4) Remove all the cables but the power supply and try to see if it works. If it does you have some faulty cable which should be replaced.
5) At last if none of the above points helps then either your DVD equipment or the remote control is faulty. You may contact your vendor demanding you guaranty wright or a service shop for diagnose and repair.
Finally , please don't forget to rate my post.
Wish you best of luck.
Unfortunatly the " Phillips Portable DVD player 8.5" does not have expandable batterys to buy...... but i do have a tip,to make your dvd player last a bit longer " turn the backlight off,to do this go to settings" this will help!
Hello Canada416, Check the following link to the regional code data base for codes you can enter through the handset to unlock region codes. Let me know if this helps you or you need further assistance.
Hey Mueller8400, If you purchased a Toshiba HD-DVD player from your local Best Buy™ store before February 23rd, 2008, you may be eligible to receive a $50.00 Best Buy™ gift card. Many of our customers should have already received notification of this offer and their gift cards, but if you have not yet received anything in the mail I would strongly suggest contacting us directly for further assistance. You can reach a Consumer Relations agent by calling our toll-free hotline at 888-Best-Buy (888-237-8289), and requesting to speak with an agent regarding a store policy question. Please keep in mind however, that not all DVD players are eligible for this offer. Combination HD-DVD/Blu-ray players, computers with HD-DVD ROM drives, and upconvert DVD players do not qualify as eligible products at this time. I would also suggest making sure that you have the receipt or order confirmation page from your purchase handy when you contact Consumer Relations, as your order number or Customer Service PIN number will be necessary to ensure that you qualify. Hope this helps you out. Sincerely, Aaron Go Ahead. Use Us.