- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Thats a good possiablilty STKs but first CKL a 6amp fuse it will blow and shut tv off its on power deflection board in middle of chassis near right side if it is OK the replace STKs for parts call Mats 1-800-628-1118
i had the same problem and it was the flyback transformer on the power supply board.it cost me $375 for the board.just make sure you ground yourself because the static electricity could fry it all.when unplugging the cables mark them and be careful.use a jewlers flat head scewdriver to unlock the cables.use a can of compressed air to clean off the dust.
I had a similar problem with my Green CRT. Fixed it by carefully touching up some solder connections.
1) Locate the Green CRT Driver Board mounted on the bottom of the Green CRT.
2) Locate the two large heatsinks on the driver board. Each has a transistor attached to it.
3) Carefully touchup the solder connections on each transistor. I added some additional solder to help reflow the solder onto the pad of the circuit board. It's a bit tricky because the solder has to fill a large gap between the small leads of the transistor and large holes in the circuit board.
Some where in the power supply is a bad capacitor. The only way to fix this problem is with a good capacitor checker and the circuitry know how on finding bad componets. Its not really a job for the do it yourselfer. Sorry . Seel out a pro to assist you in this repair. Good luck