My son has a Samsung U-420 cell phone. It was left on the charger for several days (he was away from home) and when he picked it up to use it the phone was in an endless loop of "reboot". He tried holding the off button but the phone would not power down. He pulled the battery out and reseated it, to no avail. What is wrong with this phone and what can we do?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
remove the battery from the phone first.
don't attach charger to the phone to charg th battery.
its good to dry the phone with th hair blower but don't do it for a long time.If phone became to hot then that will damge th mother board.put your phone in a bowl of rice for 3-4 days that will help remove moisture and water from your phone.thank you.
When phone gets wet NEVER try to turn it on. Take battery out right away shake water off and put both in bowl of rice for at least 24 hrs. If your not home or don't have rice right away take battery out and get some. We have a bowl of rice on the counter all summer long for those who jump in the pool with phone in their pocket. I have washed them dropped them in the toilet my son jumped in pool with his phone, put it rice for 24 hrs and we were up and running with the exception of the one in the pool, that one cost me new battery on Ebay ($4.95) but phone worked fine, didn't even lose contacts or pictures. But the key is to NOT try to turn it on after its been wet. Water and batteries don't mix.
Find someone else with a glyde and ask them if you can trade them batteries for a day to see if it's a bad battery. ( you can usually buy a battery for $5 on ebay, or up to $20 in your carrier cell phone store)
If the problem follows your old battery, toss it and buy another battery.
And if neither swapping out the charger and the battert solve your problem then its the phone itself. I have called in to our cell companies before and let them know we have a phone that will not hold a charge no matter what battery or charger I use... and they usually replace free it under warranty as long as the phone is less than 12 months old, and the white squares in the battery compartment are still white. (Pink Red means oops! water got in there) and then you’re only getting them to cover replacement if you have cell phone insurance
Your phone doesn't charge? or does not hold a charge?
If the battery meter is not running when ur charger is plugged in, it could be a charging port problem or a battery problem. Go to a nearby shop to have someone try another battery & to determine if that is a battery or a phone problem. If it's the battery then buy a new one. if it's the phone, have a Samsung tech repair it for you
Almost certainly the battery is damaged. I have had this with several clients phones when they have had liquid spilt on them. They are non repairable and drying it out won't fix the problem. You should get a new battery. You can get a new battery for about 20 Australian dollars off ebay.
Ok you need to replace that charger cos thats the one that is doing all the damage. Check your battery voltage if its below 3v then you need to rejuvenate it back to its original capacity.
It will be ok good luck.