- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are a few reasons this might happen. 1) Check if the transport lock is in the locked position. Unlock the unit if it is locked. 2) An error occurred. Try restarting the computer, unplug the scanner, wait 10 seconds and reconnect the scanner. (This fixes issues where the software isn't running/fully loaded or the connection isn't solid).
Try a new USB cable and a different port. If you have a USB hub in the middle, try a direct connection. (Bi-directional communication is needed and this may show as an error if it is lost.)
3) Try unplugging the scanner from power and plugging it back in.
4) Try unplugging the optional accessories. If they fail, the unit may indicate a failure.
5) The lamp may need to be replaced.
6) Something else may have failed. Consider if it is worth having the unit serviced.
You may have accidently pushed the LOCK button - this button is used to LOCK the carriage into place when moving the scanner to another location or shipping it.
Check for a button and the picture of a LOCK, it is usually at the back of the scanner, you can push it left or right, and you have an open lock and a closed lock picture under it. Make sure you didn't accidently push it to the LOCK position when holding the scanner - that loud sound means your carriage is locked and cannot move - once you set the button to UNLOCK this should solve your problem.
The user manual states the flashing red light signals that your transportation lock is on. Look underneath the scanner and you'll see a switch for "lock" and "unlock." If the switch is turned to "lock" move it over to "unlock" and plug the usb cable back into your computer. It should work with no flashing red light. If not try restarting your computer and plugging it back in again.
Please try the following to resolve your issue:
1. Unplug the USB cable and the AC adapter from the back of the scanner. 2. Toggle the Transportation lock (located on the bottom of the scanner) back and forth 5 times, ensuring that the lock is all the way in the unlock position. 3. Reconnect the USB cable and the AC adapter cable, and then try to scan.