Question about Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
I have a printer (samsung ML 2010) connected to a u.s.robotics adsl 4-port router (not wireless).
so, i went to "finder/applications/system preferences/printer&fax" and i tried to add a printer. I entered the printer's ip on address tag and tried to print a page...but i received the following message "Attempting to connect to host 192.168.1.1 for printer. Host '192.168.1.1' is busy; will retry in 20 seconds...".
Then i tried to change the protocol from LPD to IPP but the only thing that changed was the message "Connecting to 192.168.1.1 on port 631.Network host '192.168.1.1' is busy; will retry in 20 seconds..."
The printer works fine with usb connection also works fine under windows XP.
I found a solution that worked for me by prowling around various Apple discussion forums. The two keys to the solution for me were numbers 3 and 5 below.
1. Opened print/fax preferences
2. Opened Add printer by clicking the +
3. For protocol, select HP jetdirect-socket (not IPP or LDP)
4. Determined the IP address for my Belkin wired print server and typed this into the Address line of printer setup
5. Manually selected the printer driver as ML-2010. It is in the list of drivers but is in the M's, not under the Samsung drivers.
6. This worked for me. I've seen reports from people who had to power cycle their print server and/or printer as well.
Posted on Oct 26, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2015 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
Aug 18, 2014 | Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer Monochrome...
Jan 05, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 21, 2010 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
May 31, 2009 | Samsung ML 1430 Laser Printer
Jan 10, 2009 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
Jan 17, 2008 | Samsung ML 1510 Laser Printer
928 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!