Question about Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
I have a printer (samsung ML 2010) connected to a u.s.robotics adsl 4-port router (not wireless).
so, i went to "finder/applications/system preferences/printer&fax" and i tried to add a printer. I entered the printer's ip on address tag and tried to print a page...but i received the following message "Attempting to connect to host 192.168.1.1 for printer. Host '192.168.1.1' is busy; will retry in 20 seconds...".
Then i tried to change the protocol from LPD to IPP but the only thing that changed was the message "Connecting to 192.168.1.1 on port 631.Network host '192.168.1.1' is busy; will retry in 20 seconds..."
The printer works fine with usb connection also works fine under windows XP.
I found a solution that worked for me by prowling around various Apple discussion forums. The two keys to the solution for me were numbers 3 and 5 below.
1. Opened print/fax preferences
2. Opened Add printer by clicking the +
3. For protocol, select HP jetdirect-socket (not IPP or LDP)
4. Determined the IP address for my Belkin wired print server and typed this into the Address line of printer setup
5. Manually selected the printer driver as ML-2010. It is in the list of drivers but is in the M's, not under the Samsung drivers.
6. This worked for me. I've seen reports from people who had to power cycle their print server and/or printer as well.
Posted on Oct 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2015 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
on Apr 25, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Aug 18, 2014 | Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer Monochrome...
Jan 05, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Dec 21, 2010 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
May 31, 2009 | Samsung ML 1430 Laser Printer
Jan 10, 2009 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
Jan 17, 2008 | Samsung ML 1510 Laser Printer
917 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!