Question about Dryers
I had the same problem. My wife was about to take an axe to the darn thing. The frustrating thing was that it was beeping 3 times and the status lights were flashing. The manual only described 4 beeps (Dryer ran too long) or 6 beeps (Push button does not function). It finally dawned on me that it was beeping two sets of three beeps (i.e 6 beeps). The corrective action was to press buttons lightly and release. I pressed on every button first lightly then heavily with no success. I pounded on the instrument panel; still no luck. Finally I pressed the Options button and the Select button simultaneously for a second and heard a click. After that, no more beeping. According to the manual this activates a "LOCK' feature if you hold them down long enough. But in my case, the lock light flashed but didn't engage and after the beeping stopped, I left well enough alone.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2014 | Frigidaire 20.3 Cu. Ft. Frost-Free Upright...
on Jun 17, 2011 | Washing Machines
Dec 21, 2013 | GE Refrigerators
I suggest you print this out and keep it handy.
Locking/Unlocking the VSI
The VSI has a feature that enables you to
lock your power chair to prevent unauthorized use.
To lock the VSI:
1. With the VSI switched on, press and hold the on/off key. After 1 second, the VSI should beep.
2. Release the on/off key.
3. Push the joystick to the full forward position until the VSI beeps.
4. Pull the joystick to the full rearward position until the VSI beeps.
5. Release the joystick. There should be a long beep.
6. The VSI is now locked.
To unlock the VSI:
1. Press the on/off key and power on the VSI. The maximum speed/profile indicator should ripple up and down.
2. Push the joystick to the full forward position until the VSI beeps.
3. Pull the joystick to the full rearward position until the VSI beeps.
4. Release the joystick. There should be a long beep.
5. The VSI is now unlocked.
NOTE: If the above procedure fails to either lock or unlock the VSI, contact your authorized Pride Provider.
Jul 01, 2012 | Heavyduty Jazzy 1121 Standard & Heavy Duty...
Jul 15, 2011 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Jun 29, 2010 | Whirlpool GEW9250 Electric Dryer
Jan 25, 2010 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Oct 14, 2009 | Frigidaire GLEQ2152ES Electric Dryer
Jul 15, 2009 | Dryers
Feb 21, 2017 | Kenmore Dryers
1,431 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!