Question about Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X879 CD Player
This is right out of the service manual for the KDC-X879
You must use the remote to do this procedure, if you do not have the remote you can take the radio to an authorized Kenwood service center and they can do it for a reasonable price.
4. Simple way to clear the security code (K type only)
1. During code request mode, press the Track UP key for at
least 3 seconds while holding down the AUTO key. (– – – –
2. Enter, “KCAR” with the remote controller as described below.
• Press the remote controller 5 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters a “K” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key three times, and press
the Track Up key. (Enters a “C” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key once, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “A” )
• Press the remote controller 7 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “R” )
3. Security function is canceled and unit sets to All-Off mode.
4. Code request mode appears if a mistake was made in entering
If this was helpful to you a good rating is always appreciated.
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2011 | Car Audio & Video
Apr 04, 2011 | Pioneer Car Audio & Video
Nov 17, 2008 | Alpine CDE-9852 CD Player
Dec 11, 2007 | Car Audio & Video
Mar 26, 2009 | Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X879 CD Player
174 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: