Question about Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X879 CD Player
This is right out of the service manual for the KDC-X879
You must use the remote for this procedure, if you do not have a remote, you can take the radio to an authorized Kenwood repair center and they should do it for a reasonable price.
If this information below is helpful to you, a good rating is always appreciated.
4. Simple way to clear the security code (K type only)
1. During code request mode, press the Track UP key for at
least 3 seconds while holding down the AUTO key. (– – – –
2. Enter, “KCAR” with the remote controller as described below.
• Press the remote controller 5 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters a “K” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key three times, and press
the Track Up key. (Enters a “C” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key once, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “A” )
• Press the remote controller 7 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “R” )
3. Security function is canceled and unit sets to All-Off mode.
4. Code request mode appears if a mistake was made in entering
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2011 | Kenwood KDC-BT838U Car CD Player
May 01, 2009 | Clarion DRX6375
Feb 21, 2009 | Pioneer DEH-P6800MP CD Player
Nov 17, 2008 | Alpine CDE-9852 CD Player
Dec 11, 2007 | Car Audio Receivers
Mar 26, 2009 | Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X879 CD Player
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: