Firsly I must stress DO NOT switch it on or run any currents/electricity through it. Leave the ipod in a warm enviroment for example an airing cupboard or radiator. But make sure you do not leave it too long to damage it with the heat. When you are confident that all water has been evaporated try powering it up. If it doesn't work you could be looking at having to buy a new one !
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Connect your iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked. Hope this Helped!
I have understood this question to mean that you wish to sync it with your computer. If this is correct then please follow the procedure below:
1. Connect iPod to computer and open iTunes
2. It will ask you whether it should sync it with the new computer removing all old data. Click Yes if you want to replace the content on the iPod from your iTunes library otherwise click No and proceed to next step.
3. If you want to keep the data then enable the check box Manually Manage Music and Movies
4. Click Apply If the device has a passcode lock then you will need to restore ipod to its factory settings. This option too is on the main page of your device settings showing within itunes.
First you'll need to get a bowl of DRY rice and completely cover the ipod. Leave the ipod in the bowl over night. Sadly it should have been done before the water mark appeared under the screen though.
After it is left to dry out over night in the rice you will want to try to reset the unit. Below i have posted a step by step just in case you have never had to reset your ipod before.
Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep. Or just hook it up to the xbox again and try the reset with power behind it.
If that fails, the hard drive was damaged and you will either need to get the ipod replaced or repaired. I do hope that this resolves your issue though
simply you need to delete everything on the ipod and then uninstall it and then reinstall it. this will replace those folders, that yes, you did stupidly remove, and it should be no more than a ten minute task even with replacing the data.