Hey guys! well i wrote to you a week or so ago, about my sony dav-s 400 being stuck in headphone theatre mode, i followed the instructions and re- soldered the dry joints i could find, well actually, the only thing i could find was the brown capacitor was loose. so i've soldered it back in place, being very careful, and still no change, could it be something else? cheers, mark.
Same problem here - I also had a very loose brown capacitor, almost completely coming away from the amp board, so I soldered it back and I haven't had the problem since. I used a good amount of solder too. I also put a spot of solder on the headphone to amp board connections at the board end. As I say, so far, it has been working perfectly. Now I just need to find out how to change the laser unit so I can play SACDs and I should have a fully working unit at last !
Hi, i am having the same problem right now, but when
i wiggle the little connector from the headphone on the mainboard it clicks to normal mode, so the connector is loose
and i think thats the whole problem.
i suggest that you resolder(am i spelling it right?)
the connector and it will be fixed.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In my case, I followed the advice of others and took the thing apart. On the main amp board there is a large brown capacitor. Mine had come completely loose, so I soldered it back in place with a good amount of solder to make sure the contacts were ok. I also dabbed some solder on the headphone connectors on the same board (just follow the wire from the headphone socket to the board). Well, when I put it back together and tried it again everything worked perfectly, and it has so far remained free from the error. Hope that helps !
I got a DAV system that had exactly the same
problem, ie. it was stuck in "headphone mode", this mode should be
active when headphones are attached then it should revert to amplifier
mode when the headphones are removed. I opened the cover and
removed the amplifier output board (the one where the speaker wires
connect to) and soldered the following dry joints. 1) large brown capacitor on the amp output board. 2) dry joints on the rear headphone socket (the one that has the connecting lead from the front headphone socket) 3)
Then one of the surround channels didn't work so I soldered further dry
joints on all the coils (white vertical rectangular blocks) I tested all surround chanels before putting the lid back on (careful, watch the mains) and found all was now working ok.