- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since you don't indicate what you mean by "won't work", let me provide a few possibilities:
1) You close the door and you can hear the DVD spin, but no reaction on the screen other than some type of "loading" message. This indicates that the optics are attempting to read the DVD but are having difficulties. The operation may ultimately be successful and the DVD may start, but the movie will be unwatchable because of freezes etc. In this case, try cleaning the lens using a cotton swab and alcohol. A dirty lens can cause this.
2) You close the lid and do not hear the DVD spin. In this case, the optics can not even determine that a disc is in the machine. Again attempt to clean the lens. If that fails to at least cause the disc to spin, the optics have failed and need to be replaced.
3) Try a music CD. If that plays OK, but a DVD does not, then the optics are defective and need to be replaced. DVDs require a more powerful laser and will typically fail sooner than CD levels.
Check for cracks or scratches on the dvd disc?It a dvd movie disc,not a computer program dvd disc?Take the dvd disc,washes it with some dish washing soap.To clean all the grims and grease out of the dvd disc laser surface to the dvd player laser eye to read the dvd disc.
dvd player keeps saying no disc when I try to play a dvd.what can i do? worked fine until about 3 months ago. started to say no disc when disc inserted but after opening and closing 3 to 6 times it would read.now it just wont read. any ideas?
Try cleaning the lens yourself. Before taking drastic measures as replacing stuff, try cleaning the lens on the DVD/CD Drive. You will need to open the unit and also open the DVD/CD case. Make sure you do this while the unit is unplugged from a power source. Locate the lens that reads a dvd/cd. Now get a cotton swab and moisten it with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and gently rub the lens clean...use the other dry end of the cotton swab to rub it as well. Try not to use too much alcohol on the swab and not too much force when rubbing. Let it dry for a minute or 2 and screw the unit back into 1 piece. Moisture, cigarette smoke, insence smoke, and dust can cause a barrier between the DVD/CD and the reading lens and by doing this you will either fix the unit or know that it is a problem that will need replacing. Good luck!e lens yourself manually