Question about Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Please go to my website http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk . I have the latest version of SSC Service Utility to download directly onto your computer and instructions on how to use it, what to click on etc etc. Click any of the Epson links if you can't find it, everything you need to know will be there, including printer Firmware resetting which sorts out a multitude of problems.
The 'maintenance required' problem with Epson printers has absolutely nothing to do with which cartridges you are using, it is a built in page counter in your printer firmware, which has a different maximum amount for each Epson model. Don't listen to old wives tales and heresay, we are the experts and it's an Epson scam to cause a lot of people to pay for maintenance or throw their printers away.
I haven't found a model that can't be reset with the latest version of SSC Serve or the manual reset on my site.
For Epson RX500 users there is also a manual reset on my site, as the SSC Serve software won't do it for you.
When using the program & choosing your printer from the list, it may have a weird name with 'x' in the model number, this is because some configurations are for many models in a series. For example, the C46 will be listed as C4x as it is for the C42, C44 & C46 models.
I hope this helps all Epson users to overcome the Epson scam of page counting and locking out until you pay their dealers money for maintenance.
If you like what I've done for Epson users, please show your appreciation by spreading the word and perhaps buying your ink from my site.
Happy trouble free printing
The INK Store (UK & Europe)
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. I pried open my C42UX printer, careful not to break anything. I use a flat blade screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force pry apart the cover.
2. Next I removed the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next I took the pads to the kitchen skin and washed them with just plain hot water until they were white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed I dried them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried I placed the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. I closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plugged in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. THERE YOU GO! IT WORKS AGAIN.
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2011 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Dec 08, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R390 InkJet Printer
Aug 14, 2010 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Jul 26, 2010 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Feb 24, 2010 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Jan 12, 2010 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Apr 02, 2008 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Sep 19, 2007 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: