Question about Compaq Wireless MultiPort W200 802.11b (283836-021)
My computer (evo n410c) will not detect the wireless lan w200, and i downloaded a bunch of software for it from the hp website
Here is the SP29156 that includes W200 drivers.
1. Delete the W200 in the device manager.
2. With the computer turned off, remove the W200 from the cover mounting( 1 screw).
3. Reboot with the W200 removed. Reinstall the Sp29156 Drivers to the system.
4. Reboot the system twice, with the W200 UNINSTALLED. Shutdown system.
5. Now replace the W200 in it's mounting area and secure with screw.
6. Now, reboot the system, it should again recognize PNP-new hardware and install itself with the correct IRQ's and drivers.
7. Save SP29156 in a safe place for use at a later date if needed.
8. Enjoy your now functional W200 module.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
lisa did you ever resolve this issue? please send me or post your fix ! thanks!
Posted on Jan 05, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2011 | Compaq Evo N410C Notebook
Jun 13, 2010 | HP Compaq Evo n620c Notebook
May 14, 2010 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
Jun 24, 2009 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
May 18, 2009 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Oct 07, 2008 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Aug 02, 2008 | Compaq Evo N410C Notebook
Mar 28, 2008 | Compaq Evo N410C Notebook
Oct 20, 2007 | HP WLAN MultiPort W200 802.11b Wireless...
2,970 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: