after switching on my pc, i can see keyboard lights lit once and gone. But there is no display on monitor and i have checked with other working monitors also, n confirmed there is no problem with the monitor.
Processor fan is also working.. I donnow what has gone wrong,
could you please help me..
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello sir hi, try cleaning the memory modules of your PC. also review your power supply connection. and check the following sequence of events.
1. power on the PC.
2. fan should be blowing.
3. keyboard light, scroll, numlock and capslock lit and then goes off. (if this does not lit, you have a mother board problem)
4. you should hear a beep. (1 beep is normal, 1 long and 2or3 short beeps, means display problem)
5. the numlock is lit. (no light means problem on the motherboard)
6. the display monitor will now display the CMOS.
7. your drive should turn/spin or HD led lights.
Im not so sure if the motherboard develops errors due to being not used for a long time, and may now have slimes and battery leaks that may be present on the board, a visual inspection is needed here, remove your motherboard out of the case and inspect all area for chemical creeps.
Hello sir, hi, check out the following: I'm assuming the things that you may have forgotten.
1. is the 4 pin 12V Molex power connector connected to the mother board?
2. did you use a a good and tested memory module? have this module tested first on another PC.
3. Is your memory slot free of dust and dirt? if not clean it up.
4. is you power supply fan and processor fan spins when power is on?
5. Try powering ONLY the motherboard connected to a video display, no sata/ide cable with a tested memory installed.
6. try another Power Supply box.
7. Is your processor mounted properly?
8. when you apply power look at the keyboard lights, 3 lights initial power on then 1 light the numlock led is on.
9. do you have a plugged in usb device, remove this device as you power on the motherboard.
10. do every thing again and double check.
if all else failed, bad mother board. have this checked by a technician.
Mother board or memory module can be the problem. First remove the cmos battery and switch on, if its ok then reinstall the cmos battery and see.check with other memory module or if you have 2 modules one at a time. If problem persists, try heating the motherboard display chipset with a blower, if you are a hardware technician. This should be done by only a professional as u can damage the motherboard and other parts. Last resort is replace mother board.
You are happy if only the motherboard got error, But i guess also the processors. You can test your motherboard by inserting identical processor that is working and also you can test your processor by inserting it to the identical motherboard. After testing and found either of the two got fault or both then replace. also test the memory by iserting it to other computer which is identical slot to your motherboard.
may this help,
PS: pls do nto rate me if the solution won't satisfy but if this help the rate me favorable rating. thank you.