How can we have internet connection? if the modem is directly connected to CPU we have internet connection but if we pass through router we cannot distribute internet connection to other computers. How can we solve this kind of problem?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
Re: Internet problem connection.....
Your computer has been set up to be the PPPoE account holder for the modem. if you have a router, you will need to configure the router to login to the ISP account using the PPPoE information so that your router is the account holder for the modem, then you will be able attach multiple computers to the internet using the router.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It means that the router is not configured yet. First, you have make sure that your internet wire is connected to the WAN port of your router and the computer should be connected to one of the LAN ports of your router.
Check the LEDs. Be sure that the LEDs for WAN and LAN where your computer is connected to is lit up or blinking (will depend on the brand and model number of the router).
Then you need to access the Web Utility of the router to set it up correctly. You need to refer to the manual of your router. Having a router does not mean that it will work immediately once you connect your internet or modem to it. It needs configuration.
You may also contact the tech support of your router (since the brand was not provided) for assistance
when it comes to mac you got to check with the network settings.
If the modem you are using has a DHCP program enabled, then you will have to configure the network settings (configure ipv4) using dhcp
and renew the ip address, if not then you will have to create a manual connection(internet connect) in the same network settings and use your ISP provided user name and the password to connect.
When your internet is connected using internet connected the enet light will be off on the modem
This may actually be an issue with your ISP. There is a good possiblity that your ISP has bound your connection to the MAC address of the network card on your computer. This is a common occurance which is why router manufacturers give you the option of having your router clone your computer's MAC address. Go into your router's management an perform the clone, sorry I cannot give you more details but I don't know the specific model of your Belkin router.
I am assuming here with the way you have it set up your getting an internet connection.
what you saying i understsand mostly so i'll see if i can help you
first of all you have speedstreem modem that connects to you isp, this is assign your internet address from the isp if you paid for a static IP it would be in here, if not it's assiged by a dhcp from your isp company so if you if turn it off or have a power loss for anymore than 5-15min your ip changes.
now your modem then connects into your belkin router this as well as your modem it's prob set up as dhcp so it wants to issue each computer with an internal address of 192.168.0.X the reason for this is so it knows where to send the incomming information to what computer.
no matter what computer your using the address that goes over the internet will be the one assigned to modem from internet provider so if this need to be static IP to run your game server you will have contact your internet provider for an address.
but you may be confussing the issue a little, my suggestion to you would be:
1. go to your connections on each computer
2. right click on the lan connection choose properties
3. go to internet protocol (TCP/IP) then click properties
4. then click on obtain ip automatically and obtain dns automatically
this will remove the static windows address you may have put in.
try this and see if you can get you game or game server will work.
btw you may have to reboot your computers after this to get be sure to get the new address.
I got ur question, try following steps and i hope it may solve your problem soon and also reply back to me if it solves the problem:
1. Hard Reset the Modem(on back side of modem or underneath you will find the small hole that says reset you need to press and hold that button as soon power light on the modem flashes release the reset button)
2. Go to control panel then go to network connection> on leftside click on create a new connection>click on next>select the first option Connect to Internet>next>select second option set up my connection manually>next>select second option connect to broadband connection that requires user name and password>next> typpe your internet user id and password and confirm the password>next>click on Finish..
3. You will get a new window with your connection name just click on connect at the bottom of that window, you will get connected OR you ill get some error if you wre not be able to connect, note the error if you get that there.
4. open internet explorer then browse the internet if you are connected....
5. If You face any problem reply back to me here with your ip address,dns server,default gateway so we can try to put manuall address on your modem.
6.Other thing that you can try is cick on start>> go to Run box>> Type>netsh dump>> click on ok>> wait for 2 minutes th reboot your computer and try to connect through connection that you would create in network connection.........