Question about Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection HDTV
Good Day, davidsonkens;
Try the lamp first; to check try this:
1. (Lamp may light and go out) suspect bad lamp part # 915P020010 2. Check for 12-volts DC at J-9 connector pin 4 on the Engine Driver PCB, if missing check for an open F9A09 on the Power PCB, if it is open replace F9A09 part # 283P127060 and the Light Engine part # 939P977010 3. (Lamp may light and go out) Check for 5-volts DC at J-9 connector pin 1 and 2 on the Engine Driver PCB if low or missing check C9A37 and C9A38 both 3300 UFD 10 V part # 181P732040 on the Power PCB (part # 930B921002) 4. At power on the lamp turns on and off three times and then the unit shuts down with a red lamp LED (lamp error). Replace the Light Engine part # 939P977010 5. Lamp enable line at J14 pin 6 does not switch to 5 volts after turn on, 12 and 5 volt supplies are good. Suspect the Light Engine part # 939P977010 6. Lamp enable line at connector J14 pin 6 on the Engine Driver PCB switches to 5 volts after turn on and does go to 0-volts (low) after 5 seconds, 12 and 5 volt supplies are good. Suspect the Lamp Power PCB (ballast) part # 939P978010 7. Lamp enable line at connector J14 pin 6 on the Engine Driver PCB switches to 5 volts after turn on but does not go back to 0-volts (low) after 5 seconds, 12 and 5 volt supplies are good. Suspect the Light Engine part # 939P977010. Good Luck, big IRISH.
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2014 | Mitsubishi WD Televison & Video
The front panel Status LED provides an indication of
the set's operation and the possible cause of a malfunction.
If an abnormal condition is indicated, perform the
Self Diagnostics procedure.
To activate, press the front panel <ACTIVITY> &<CH
??> buttons at the same time and hold for 5 seconds.
The STATUS LED will then flash denoting a two digit
• The number of flashes indicates the value of the
MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2
• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the
(ones digit) of the Error Code.
• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.
Example: If the Error Code is "23", the LED
will flash two times, pause, and then flash three
Table 2-2: LED Indications
Error Codes, descriiptions and the most likely cause of
the error are listed in Table 2-3.
Note: The TV must be in "Shut Down." The LED
will probably be indicating an abnormal
condition. If the TV is switched Off, AC is
removed, or a System Reset is performed, the
code automatically resets to "12" No Error.
See the Error Code Log to retrieve a history of
Note: Use the front panel buttons, not the remote
Note: If there is no response, the front panel may be
locked by a V-Chip setting. To unlock, press
and hold <ACTIVITY> on the front panel for
LED Indication Condition
Off Off (standby)
Green Power On
Slow Blink Green Power Off with Timer Set
Fast Blink Green (80 seconds) > Off Power Off (Cooling fan still working, 80 sec)
LED Indication Condition
Red Lamp Failure
Yellow TV Too Hot
Slow Blink Red TV May Require Service
Slow Blink Yellow Lamp Door Open or No Lamp Installed
ABNORMAL INDICATIONS (For details perform Self Diagnostics Procedure.)
Jul 07, 2014 | Mitsubishi WD 65837 65 in. HDTV
May 26, 2014 | Mitsubishi WD-73827 73" HDTV DLP TV
Oct 25, 2012 | Mitsubishi WD-60737 TV
Oct 01, 2009 | Toshiba 62HMX84 62" Rear Projection HDTV
Sep 19, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-52327 52" Rear Projection...
Dec 19, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...
Dec 02, 2017 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 26, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-65733 65" HDTV
296 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: