If you are just using the battery, the power plug that supplies power to the laptop may be the culprit, if you are using the plug in power supply and there is still no power at all , you might have a power converter problem. check female part of plug on laptop for any looseness either way a tech. is needed to prove conductivity and connections inside laptop
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: laptop won't power up
This is something that unfortunately will require a technician to figure out. It could be the motherboard is gone, it could be the power supply is gone, or it could be any number of other things.
You did not specify, but if it is doing absolutely nothing I would be inclined to think it is indeed something major.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How to try to extend the battery life are much concerned by many laptop users. Utilizing some small skills and minimize unnecessary waste of battery during the using process can make you full use of your laptop battery power. The engineers of IBM personal computer business division give vast laptop users some good suggestions here to ensure that you can maximum extend laptop battery utility time. Therefore, it will improve your work efficiency; let you enjoy mobile office work and entertainment pleasure without limits. IBM batteries on sale : IBM thinkpad t40 Battery £ 37.52 ibm thinkpad t41 battery US $ 41.24 ibm thinkpad r60 battery. US $ 71.27 IBM ThinkPad T60 Battery£ 38.51
* Turn down the brightness of the screen. At the same time, although IBM ThinkPad laptop keyboard is equipped with lights, ThinkLight, but in order to save power, it is better to turn on it when under darkness conditions.
* When not using the wireless receiver device, turn it off please. * Some users like opening CD or DVD to play music anytime, the power of battery will flow away quietly along with the music playing. Suggest everybody turn on the music only under the situation that they do want to enjoy the music. * When the battery during using process, try to fully charge and discharge the battery. * Try to avoid using it under high temperature and low temperature, for example, when you enjoy sunshine on the beach, please don’t leave your laptop in the car to enjoy SAUNA. * Use proper AC adapter for your ThinkPad laptop. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery Battery MaxiMiser management software you select the most suitable for the extension of the power program. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery management software – Battery MaxiMiser, select the power extension program which suitable for you. * Setup the standby time of monitor, hard disk and system sleep time, because it is no need to let your laptop still running at full load when you are at non-working stage. * Under the Intel SpeedStep technology effect situation, the processor based on the current load situation adjusts the speed automatically to save battery power overall. In fact, the laptop battery is a spiritual guy, after got expert advices, please treat it properly, it will bring you to enjoy a better mobile life. battery info via: http://www.sales-battery.com http://www.global-battery.co.uk
Try powering on laptop what happens do you hear any beeps or see any lights normally if u see lights this is a sign that it is working if not your motherboard could be bad if you see lights and hear constant short beeps this means your memory can be bad, Try powering on laptop without battery and only power supply plugged in.
While I was not able to find that specific model of laptop, I was able to locate the CDRW Bay and based on my research this bay only supports the following models. Though it may look the same and even have the same interface, if it is not in the supported model list, it will not properly function.
Supported Media Types:
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad R50
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad R50p
Lenovo ThinkPad R51
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad R51e
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad R52
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T40
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T40p
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T41
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T41p
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T42
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T42p
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T43
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T43p
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T60
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T60p
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad X40
series (X series media slice or Ultrabase required)
Lenovo ThinkPad X41 series (X series media slice or Ultrabase required)
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T30, X30, X31, R40 series (2366, 2367,
2884, 2885, 2681, 2682, 2683, 2896, 2722, 2723, 2724, 2897, 2672, 2673 -
when installed with the optional ThinkPad Slim Drive adapter for the
UltraBay 2000 or X series UltraBase or Media Slice)
If you see your model in this list comment back and we can move forward with getting your issue resolved.
take it apart and remove the bios battery on the motherboard,remove main battery,set something heavy on power button to hold it down and wait,maybe a day ,or a couple hours ,it varies ,sometimes doesnt even work,but this one should reset,reassemble and power up ,good luck ,hope this helps.aloha from maui todd0708
Do not under any circumstances turn it on for a couple of days.It should of not been turned on whan it got wet. You could of fried the motherboard. Let it dry till Monday, then you will know if the damage is done.