Question about Computers & Internet
I'm having same problem but using windows XP. How could I fix it?
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
Vista can be tricky with some installations even if the game says it's compatible. The first thing I would try is running the installation with escalated privelege. To do this follow these instructions...
1. When you insert the installation CD, an autorun screen will most likely pop up inviting you to install the game. Cancel this.
2. Go to my computer and right click on the drive that contains the installation CD. Choose 'explore'
3. A file list will appear listing the contents of the CD. Scroll through the list and locate the file that launches the installer. This may be called setup.exe or install.exe or something like that.
4. Right-click on the file and choose "run as administrator".
5. The installer should launch and hopefully the game will install OK.
If this does not work - you can also try updating your graphics card drivers. First - identify what type of graphics card you have. (right click the desktop - click on personalize - click on display settings (I think) - and note the name of the adapter. It will likely be either ATI Radeon or NVIdia GeForce with a number after it. Let me know what it is and I will get you the web address for your update.
Let me know how it goes.
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2014 | Activision Soldier Of Fortune: Payback
Jan 17, 2014 | Activision Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back
Jul 23, 2011 | Activision Soldier of Fortune Platinum...
Jul 05, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Aug 14, 2010 | Activision Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!