Question about Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
My vacuum will be working beautifully... I turn it off to move a piece of furniture, and it wont come back on...for a while. Maybe it has an automatic shut-off like a hair dryer when it gets too hot. Thanks Everyone...Marcia
You are correct in thinking the machine has A thermal cut out.
I think your problem is caused by one of the following.
1) The filters need cleaning or replacing, Not just the top filter Premotor sponge washable but check the filter directly under waste bin The premotor.
2) Check the 2 inspection ports for partial blockages there is one at the front left hand side & one at the bottom back of machine.
3) Check & clean vortex unit remove clear bin to do this.
4) remove flexi long hose it unclips at the rear bottom of machine & pull out metal wand check them for any blockages.
5) If you have access to an air line when you have postmotor filter out blow in to the oppening under the plastic plate with 2 screws and holes in it this will blow out the fine dust that collects around motor, ( dont do this part indoors you will have black dust every where.
If you need more help contact me.
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2011 | Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Dec 26, 2010 | Dyson DC14 All Floors Upright Vacuum...
Nov 17, 2010 | Dyson DC14 All floors Bagless Upright...
Oct 26, 2010 | Dyson DC14 All Floors Upright Vacuum...
Aug 10, 2010 | Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Apr 26, 2010 | Dyson DC14 Full Gear Bagless Upright...
Jan 10, 2010 | Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
220 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: