ASUS T100 stuck at preparing automatic repair message will.not reboot
Hello there, i just owned a brand new Asus T100 for 2 days and today on the 3rd day after purchasing, i faced problems during boot/start up where the laptop gets frozen on the Asus logo screen.
I tried holding down the power button for 10 seconds and turned it on again. It ran a series of windows software updates before the start up, then after all software updates have been completed, the laptop resumed to freeze at the Asus logo screen again. I tried holding the power button for 10 secs followed by holding the power button and volume up button at the same time, to get into automatic repair/repair mode. THIS HELPS, get into the repair mode!
To cut it short, i tried the other advanced options as well as the restart button in the repair mode but to no avail. After carefully reading the different options in the 'advanced options' in repair mode...
Here's what worked for me:
1) If you're stuck at the Asus logo screen which doesn't seem to boot for ages or at least 10 minutes, hold down the power button for 10 seconds and let the screen turn black. (I did this with my charger plugged in, not too sure if it matters)
2) Count to 10 seconds. Switch the laptop on by HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP BUTTON at the same time. This will send the laptop into an 'automatic repair', followed by a 'diagnosing this PC' and after which you will see a blue screen which is the repair mode.
3) On the blue screen you will see 2 buttons, 'Restart' and 'Advanced Options'. Click on 'Advanced Options'. (DO NOT CLICK RESTART, it does nothing as you will get stuck again at the logo screen)
4) After clicking 'Advanced Options', click 'Advanced ....' (i forgot what exactly) and click 'STARTUP REPAIR'. This is the crucial part.Then follow whatever the system promts you.
5) Afterwards, it will attempt to repair your system then lead you back to the logo screen for startup.
6) Wait a few minutes and you should be able to get to your login screen as usual.
Hope this helps. I chanced upon it by guessing which would actually help me.
Nov 19, 2013 |
ASUS Tablets & eReaders