- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
One of the bad things that happen with lap tops I have observed owning them is they do get hotter than usual, they make a lap USB fan for them which since I have recommended to all of my clients there seems to not be as many issues with heating anymore. Lap tops are designed with protective measures in the BIOS when built to shut down then they get to hot.
A good feature so the cooler your lap top runs the less it will shut down. Also go into the power options settings when you reload and set this to the factory settings and only change the power side that is when it is plugged in only leave the battery settings where they are. I hope this assisted you. Fix this before it becomes a serious issue. Thanks for using FixYa for all your questions. John
try removing the battery and just use plug power only if it boots normally then change the battery and the change the power supply unit as well I would just start with the power supply unit first then see if the battery charges up if not the battery is bad replace it. Now if the computer will not start with the battery removed then you have a power supply issue.
Change and replace it. Hope this helps. Also when computer lap top get hot they will shut down to protect the computer wait and let it cool down then try to restart your computer. If this does work and the lap top restarts normally get a fan cooler that is USB powered and the lap top sits on top of it. Also make sure the fan is running and is not stopped. Clean and dust it out once in awhile. I hope this assists you with your problem. John
Since most newer lap tops and note books use Li-ion batteries, they (the BatteryPack) have a built in chip to keep the charger from over charging a depleted battery, one that has locked itself from being charged. This is a safety feature to prevent a fire from a hot battery that may be overcharged. This feature locks the battery when the internal resistance gets too high and the battery pack falls below 3 volts per cell.
Try this for laughs, take the battery out of the lap top and put it in your freezer for about an hour and then place it back in your machine and see if it will begin to charge. This works sometimes as the cold slows the charging down to where the battery may recover. However, it will still be a low use battery as over time they loose the ability to be recharged to a full 100%
The worst is that you may have to buy another battery. If you do avoid buying used batteries as some one else is trying to sell you their problem.
Most newer lap top computers generate a lot of heat. The designers of the machine walk a narrow line between efficiency and customer satisfaction. The heat comes from the processor and the power supply of the screen. Designers incorporate a standard called heat pipe design into cooling the CPU along with a small fan sometimes. The heat pipe design is a static (no electricity used) means of wicking away the heat from the processor. When the temperature goes higher than the heat pipe can act, a small fan cuts in to reduce the temperature, but at a cost of using electricity from your batteries. The heat of the lap tops have caused people to seek medical help for excessive reddened legs, thus generating a medical syndrome called "Lap top Syndrome"
The batteries are LI-ion (Lithium Ion) construction and have to be re-charged with extreme care as excessive heat generated by charging can case the lithium to burn and cause a fire. Battery designers have placed a small smart chip in the battery pack to monitor the voltage levels and this chip will shut the battery down if too much heat is detected. Since the batteries are of Li-ion design, they start
Chances are the power jack in the laptop that is to blame. It's common for the solder connections holding the jack to the motherboard to break because of the power plug flexing. One way to check is to keep the laptop steady and wiggle the power plug. If the power indicator flickers, that's what's wrong.
The good news is that this is usually repairable. The bad news is that not all service shops are willing to get into this level of repair. The motherboard needs to be removed from the computer so the connections can be repaired. Sometimes the board needs some mechanical repair as well, and occasionally the only way to fix the trouble is to replace the board. Most shops want to replace the motherboard right off.
Call around to shops in your area and see who's willing to try soldering the board. That is usually all that's needed to get you going again.
Keep it cool. Despite its name, you lap is not the best place to put a laptop. Laptops generate a lot of heat, which can have a severe effect on your laptop's performance. Try not to use it in a hot room. Never set it on a bed, pillow, upholstery or anything else that is soft. Instead, place your laptop on a hard surface like a table. If you like using your laptop in bed or on the couch, try putting a book or a thick magazine in your lap and then setting the laptop on top of that. Every ten minutes or so, turn the book over so the surface never gets too hot. This will absorb the heat.
Step2Shut down unneeded programs before using power-hungry software like games or large spreadsheets. The more programs you have running at the same time, the worse your computer's performance will be. Most computers have a lot of unneeded programs running in the background from the moment you boot up your computer. Shut them down manually using Ctrl+Alt+Delete, or download a freeware application that will shut them down for you. If you have Wndows Vista, you can also access the start up configuration by selecting "Run" from the accessories menu, then typing "msconfig" in the box
if you can access bios then restore default settings save and exit,sometimes hitting the right button at just the right time on startup is difficult,could take a dozen tries ,sometimes holding down the button,or tapping it rapidly on start will get you there,if none of that works,remove hard drive ,and ram sticks ,and reinstall ,sometimes they get knocked loose,if still nothing ,pull the bios battery on motherboard for a couple hours to reset,if its still under warranty send it in for repair,opening it will void warranty,you could also try booting to the operating system disk,and select repair option.hope this helps,aloha from maui todd0708
Okay, in order to isolate the issue, I recommend you to update the graphic card drivers and I also suggest you to check the same in BIOS and with external monitor. If you see the screen flickering in BIOS, you have to contact HP and they will arrange for free mail in service.
press the fn key on laptop hold it down and then press the power key on the laptop. once u see any display on the screen you will get some tests running on the screen. The system will show you the error message which u need to note down. else you can do a Flea Power on your laptop. Remove the adapter and the battery and then press the power button and hold it down for 30 seconds then connect the battery and adapter back and try to turn on the laptop. See if the magic works for you