a silver LCD CTX S762A monitor, for some reason the green screen menu box
appears all the time saying "press" and an ENTER button drawing, than
it disappear and another box appears saying "key lock".
tried calling the support and they said I should press 2 buttons together when I
turn on the monitor but no luck there.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Verify the monitor's power cord is plugged firmly into the wall outlet and the back of the monitor.
2. Verify the monitor cable is firmly connected to the computer and the monitor.
3. Verify that you have turned the monitor power switch on.
4. If the power light on the monitor is not on, test the wall outlet (plug in a light or something you know works).
5. If the power light on the monitor is not on, try a different power cord.
6. If the power light is on and yellow or flashing, but nothing displays, borrow a monitor from a friend. If that works, your monitor needs replaced.
Try to do this: Just before the Windows start up screen (after the bios loading) press F8 and log in at safe mode settings. If at this mode you can see your screen change the resolution settings at a lower set. Save and reboot normally. Now try step by step to increase your resolution. In case of a blank screen appears at a new setting, don't do anything; after some seconds the monitor will come back to the previous settings. Save and go on.
In case of a problem or clarification, don't hesitate to post.
Thanks and regards Please kindly rate this solution Stelios
It could be a few things, it may be the monitor itself, which naturally has dark picture.
Or by factory default the monitor has low brightness.
Try going into the menu and putting the brightess up.
Most monitors have low brightness by default.
have a happy new year.