Question about GE Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Water won't stay in washer ...
either the pump is broken or the drainhose is lose or too low.
There is also in this machine something called a drain protector. This might be faulty too and i think that would be the cheapest to see about that first
LINK for the water drain including all parts
LINK for all machine parts motor and pump
Posted on May 01, 2008
SOURCE: Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
The problem is the User Interface board behind the control panel. This is a noted problem that often occurs with this model washer. The only option, I hate to say (unless you want to listen to the washer beep all the time) is to replace the board.
The part(s) you need are available at searspartsdirect.com. Simply type in your model number and look under the "Control Panel Parts" heading for item number 7 (User Interface - part #8564393). You may also consider item number 12 (User Interface Harness - part #3407184) to rule out the possibility of a bad wiring harness. You can try to do end to end continuity checks before considering a replacement just to be sure. The contacts are sometimes difficult to get to with a multimeter, though.
This is a fairly simple repair to accomplish on your own. Just follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the washer.
2. Remove the three screws in the back of the console.
3. With the screws loosened, the console will come of by lifting from the back first. Use care not to damage the small wire harness under the console.
4. Remove the wire harness from the User Interface board and remove the knob (by pulling) from the front panel. Lay the entire control panel face down on a soft surface (like a stack of towels).
5. Carefully remove the white plastic cover plate that is installed over the control board.
6. Once the cover is removed, carefully remove the old interface board by prying gently on the series of tabs around the perimeter of the board. There may also be some mounting screws to remove as well.
7. With the old board removed, carefully install the new board by inserting the control knob shaft through the hole first. Then, gently snap the board in place, making sure all the tabs around the perimeter of the board are in place. Reinstall any small mounting screws. NOTE: Do not handle the surface of the board with your hands. Handle the edges only, to avoid electrostatic discharge from your body causing damage to the board.
8. Reinstall the protective plastic white cover over the interface board.
9. Flip the console upright and reinstall the wiring harness and control knob (The knob only goes on one way).
10. Carefully insert the console in the front grooves on top of the washer, first. Then lower the back and reinstall the screws.
The repair is pretty straight forward. However, if you have questions, please post back and let me know. I hope this helps you.
PS I tried to find parts for this washer at others websites, but could not find a listing for it.
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
unless you have alot of money to throw away ,, will run you about 600 to repair washer ,,,not a really good investment ,,
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
SOURCE: Kenmore Washer, Loose Timer Knob
There should be a spring clip that holds the timer knob on. It or the timer knob may need replaced. Here is a picture of the timer knob and the spring clip. Sure hope this helps and best wishes.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2014 | Husqvarna TE 610 Motorcycles
Apr 07, 2013 | Washing Machines
Jun 17, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 12, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jan 03, 2011 | Ace Hardware InSinkErator Badger 5, 1/2 HP...
Jan 01, 2011 | Ace Hardware InSinkErator Badger 5, 1/2 HP...
Jun 06, 2010 | Kenmore 2303x Top Load Washer
Mar 29, 2010 | Kenmore 25842 Top Load Washer
Feb 12, 2010 | Kenmore 23012 Top Load Washer
Jul 16, 2017 | GE Washing Machines
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!