Question about Datacard SP35 Printer
We are printing ID cards (Red Green or Yellow in colour) on the printer but get constant ribbon breaks. It has got to the point where the printer will only correctly print 1 in 50 cards.
The ribbon looks as if it is stuck to the card when it breaks.
Three things to try,
1. Try actually flipping the cards over, on side may have a burr that is cutting the ribbon.
2. Try changing the position of print on the card. Most manufactors call this EC
3. Try calibrating the ribbon sensor from with in the driver or the datcard utility that is on the bottom right of you windows desktop
Posted on Jun 03, 2010
There could be either of the following issues:
1. Check the print head temperature to make sure that it is hot enough to transfer the ribbon to the card.
2. The surface of the PVC card may not be image compatible. Try another brand of card or opt to 60/40 composite cards for testing.
For technical assistance by blog for id card printers, see our blog at www.safecardid.com/blog/
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2014 | Datacard SP35 Printer
Apr 15, 2011 | Datacard SP35 Printer
Dec 07, 2010 | Datacard SP35 Printer
Mar 08, 2010 | Datacard Group SP35 Card Printer
Jan 22, 2010 | Datacard SP35 Plus Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | Datacard SP35 Plus Printer
May 26, 2009 | Datacard Group ImageCard Platinum Printer
Mar 27, 2009 | Datacard SP35 Printer
Nov 04, 2008 | Datacard SP35 Printer
1,491 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: