IMPORTANT: Do not drag and drop pictures into the GoGear with Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer. Also ONLY
JPG/JPEG images are supported.
First check your computer to see if you have the latest version of the Philips Plug-in installed.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Program.
- Search and select Philips Device Plug-in. Click “Click here for support information” to check the version.
- If you already have the latest version (V3.13.00 for HDD6330 or HDD6320) (V3.14.00 for HDD1420, HDD1620, HDD1630, HDD1635 or HDD1830) then there is no need to upgrade.
If you need to upgrade your Philips Plug-in:
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Go to the Philips support site at http://www.ph ilips.com/support
- Select your country & language.
- Enter the model number and click on "Search".
- Select the model number if there is more than one listed.
- Click on Software & drivers on the left-side menu.
- Double click the respective language under PC Software to save the exe file on your PC.
- Download the file to your Desktop on your PC.
- Run the LM_XXX.exe to start the installation.
- Follow the screen instructions to complete the installation of Philips device plug-in.
Once you have the latest version of the Philips Plug-in installed, please follow the below steps to transfer your picture(s) onto your GoGear.
- Launch Windows Media Player.
- Go to File> Help> About Windows Media Player to check if the ve rsion is 10. If not uninstall your existing version of Windows Media Player and install the correct version of Windows Media Player from the installation CD1 or Microsoft's website.
- Make sure the Philips Plug-in is installed on your PC. To check whether this Plug-in is available on your computer, go to Start> Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs and check if Philips Device Plug-in is listed. If not, re-install the software from the installation CD2.
- Check and make sure that the "Enable picture support for devices" option on Windows Media Player has been selected.
- Go to File> Add to library. From the menu, choose to add pictures from folder or by searching your computer. These files will be added to your library.
Note! Files that are directly under “My pictures” should be saved in a s ub-folder before adding them to your library. If you do not do this they will show up in Windows Media Player with the event name “Unknown” and they will not show on your player.
- Click on the Library tab. Go to All Pictures. Click to highlight the item you want to copy. Right click on the item and select Add to> Sync List.
- Click on the Sync tab and select "Sync List". Choose Philips as your destination in the device pane.
- Click on the "Start Sync" button in the top left corner to start the transfer. Once the images start to synchronize the computer will show:
(If you cannot see the above Philips Device Plug-in pop up, your Philips device plug in may not be installed properly. Please uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player& nbsp;using both installation CD ROMs.)
- After the transfer is complete unplug the GoGear from the computer.
- You can then view pictures (thumbnail view and full picture view) from the Pictures menu.