Question about Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
With the Lexmark printers communication subsystem you MUST let the driver ask for you to plug in the printer. DO NOT plug the printer into the USB port until told to do so.
To fix a fouled install:
(1) Uninstall the Lexmark drivers in Add Remove Programs
(2) Shutdown the computer
(3) Disconnect the printer from the USB port
(4) Restart the computer
(5) Run the Driver Installation software
(6) Cancel ALL attempts by windows to auto install the printer
(7) When the software asks for the printer connect it and continue
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2011 | Lexmark Platinum Pro905 multifunction...
Feb 24, 2011 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 21, 2011 | Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
If the installation screen does not appear:
In Windows 2000, double-click My Computer from your desktop.
Dec 06, 2010 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 17, 2010 | Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Printer
Jan 26, 2010 | Lexmark X3470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 22, 2010 | Lexmark X4550 InkJet Printer
Jan 12, 2009 | Lexmark X4530 InkJet Printer
Mar 06, 2008 | Lexmark Z600 InkJet Printer
Nov 27, 2007 | Lexmark X2250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!