Question about OKI C5100n Laser Printer
* I have a C5150n at my work that use to work just fine through a P2P network. It was plugged into Computer 1 and I was always able to print from Computer 2. Now computer 1 doesn't exists, so I plugged this printer straight into my computer and it doesn't work!
* From my Printers and Faxes folder, I deleted the old drive that had Computer 1 because I thought this would cause a problem since Computer 1 doesn't exist any more. After this I installed the printer's drive to start fresh. But it ain't working.
* I did the whole troubleshooting steps from windows. The cables work fine, the computer is online, it has ink and the driver has been installed twice! (I wanted to make sure I was doing it right)
* The printer is showing in my Printers and Faxes folder, and the only thing I can think is that I'm not selecting the right USB port...? I mean, that the physical port where it is plugged doesn't match to the port clicked on at the printer's properties...
* When I was following the troubleshooting steps, I found out that the printer wouldn't print even if I go to Command Prompt and type the "copy con lpt1" or the "ECHO HELLO 'ctrl + l' dir> lpt1" But again, I don't even know if that's the port where I actually have the computer plugged to.
* I also tried plugging the cable to a different USB port, but same thing.
Lpt1 usually only works for parrallel printers unless a USB port has been mapped as lpt1.
Is this being installed on a Windows Vista computer?
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2013 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Apr 22, 2011 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Apr 10, 2010 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Dec 21, 2009 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Nov 07, 2009 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Sep 30, 2009 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Aug 17, 2007 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: