I have PS3 connected to sony kdf55-wf655 model via HDMI cable. The playstation detects the cable. I switch over to HDMI connection and switch to the input that has HDMI connection and get no picture. Am I doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Your PS3's HDMI settings may be the issue. When you go to turn on your
PS3 next time, instead of just pressing the poser button and letting
go, hold it for 5-6 seconds until it beeps again and then let go. This
will force the PS3 to autodetect your TV again and should bring up the video. good luck!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch. 2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps. 3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn't detected after initial reset). 4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup). Hopefully this will solve your freezing problems.
Have you switched cables or changed any of the video output settings on the ps3 or your telly? Just double check all the settings and that the cables are connected properly and are not damaged. If you have another cable try that to see if you still have a black screen or try on another telly with the same cable to see if it's the cable that the problem is? If you using a standard cable to try on another tv, you will have to reset the video output so it will work, to do this simply hold down the power button on the front of the ps3 until it powers off again and this will allow it work on a standard tv with standard cable, and to switch back to hdmi just connect with hdmi. Cable to HDTV and the ps3 will detect the cable and ask if you want to use these settings. Hope this helps
1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.(60gb if no switch unplug it and plud it back in)
2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.
3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn't detected after initial reset).
4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup).
ok here's what you do. Hook up your ps3 to your hd via hdmi cable then turn the tv on first. Then turn the power on to your ps3 and switch tv to hdmi. wait a while then a screen should come up and you should see and screen where it says an hdmi device is connected do u want to accept theses settings say yes. sometimes the "handshake" doesn't happen properly. If u already know this or have tried this it could be that your tv needs a firmware update, happened to me.
With your PS3 on standby (red light) hold the on/off button down until it goes green and then back to red. This restores your PS3 to "factory settings", i.e. it is waiting for you to tell it how you want it to connect to your TV. Now disconnect any HDMI cables you may be trying to use and connect your PS3 to your TV via a scart connection. Now switch your PS3 on and turn to your AV channel and you should have both sound and pictures.
When you connecting sony via hdmi sony and tv must be shut down.First turn on sony then tv.Connect also and av cable or scart then go to sony settings and change out signal via hdmi or scart or av cabel and confirm.That should work
I have looked up the infomation on your TV I noticed that your TV has two HDMI input plugs. Since your SONY BRAVIA is hooked up to one port, you need to buy another HDMI cable for your PS3. On your tv remote you should have an option to switch from video 1 to video 2 so then you can switch from the SONY BRAVIA to the PS3 the problem is you will only hear your PS3 Sound from you TV. If you want to hear your PS3 sound from your SONY BRAVIA you need to buy an optical cable (also called TOSLINK) to connect from your PS3 to the SONY BRAVIA.
plug in hdmi cable turn ps3 off then on wait and a message will apera click yes then another message appers then click yes then it should work if not connect with the red white yellow plug and then change the settings to hdmi and plug the hdmi cable in