Hi, ive just bought a phone from ebay, im in the uk but its a chinese phone, ive got a usb cable with it but although it fits my pc doesnt recognize it, is there anyway round this and will the phone work here.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First of all download the PC suite of your mobile from the following linkhttp://www.lg.com/uk/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp and then install it . You should have one data cable ie USB cable for connecting the mobile to PC. Your mobile should be GPRS compatible and after installing the P C suite connect your mobile and PC takes it automatically.
Ok go to this website above and choose your phone, follow the link and download the software you need,
You install the "Driver" then plug in the USB cable, then using a Phone manager software, then one can administrate the phone.
Also the phones memory should simply show up in My Computer as a Drive, as such it can be used exactly like a "Normal " drive.
I've personally gone through this circle...ugh.
First - Reboot your computer, and your cellphone. Turn them both completely off, and back on.
If that doesn't solve it,
Second - UNinstall everything to do with your phone. Drivers/Software/Etc. Once that's done, Reboot your computer. Now reinstall the drivers/software/etc, and when that's finished, plug your phone in, let windows find and install what it needs to.
If THAT doesn't work,
Sometimes windows installs your phone as a modem, and then as a usb disk. It may be possible that you machine recognizes the modem first and runs a process to coincide with that. FInd that process and kill it, and you should be good to go!
Fixed for you (as best i could): I recently purchased a Spice QT56 mobile phone. Unfortunatly during opening of said item i discovered the lack of (couldn't make out due to idiotic English but guessing) both the USB cable and the driver CD. Please be a good sport and contact me if you are able to help, my phone number(ironic hey?) is 9310489081. I'm working in Reliance Communication. (More idiotic English). Kind Thanks Gurdeep Singh
Just follow the following steps:
1) Locate the USB port of your Nokia N72 phone. See Manual if needed.
2) If your mobile phone has a USB Data Cable supplied, connect the end that matches the hub while connect the USB end to your USB port of your PC.
3) If your mobile phone has a CD supplied, this contain the PCSuite software bundled with drivers for your PC operating system.
4) Insert the CD to your CDRom drive.
5) After step 4, you will see a window saying install PCSuite then choose Yes.
6) Choose which operating system. If you use Windows 98, then choose the driver for Windows 98.
7) After installation, reboot/restart tour PC to complete the setup process but never disconnect yet your USB Cables from your mobile phone to PC.
8) Once restarted click on the icon of the PCSuite on your PC, then check if your PC can communicate with your mobile phone and vice versa. To do this click connect via USB if the datas in your mobile phone is seen then connection is correct.
If your problem is USB Driver for Windows 98, i suggest you upgrade your PC operating system to Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Old operating platforms have driver problems when new devices are attached to. But if you choose Windows 98, you will have to browse the internet in search of drivers. Just let me know if you have not found a driver. I'll assist you with this.
The Samsung software does not work properly with the G600 (take note Samsung) On your phone go to: Settings>phone settings>USB settings>Ask on connection. exit phone and when you plug in your usb it will ask what connection type, choose Mass Storage and it will appear on My Computer as a portable drive, you can drag and drop to folders. You may have to install the USB drivers from the disc or site, but it may work without.