I just replace old ink cartdridge with new ones same number and same mark CANON. But the print refuse to print and I get error code 5 on the printer display + message on my computer that cartridges are not correctlu fitted or not the good ones... which is wrong I suspect some software problem I re-installed printer drivers, but same message.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please try the following to see if we can resolve this error:
1. Open the cover of the printer.
2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.
3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.
4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.
5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.
6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.
7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.
8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.
Once this has been done, plug the power back in and turn the printer on. If the error persists, you will need to replace the print head
Canon PIXMA MX892 Mfr # 4546B007 $45.00
try to remove the cartridge from the printer and then try to print some docx,,, without the cartridge....
an error should say that the installed cartridge is not recognized...
just try to print thrice or more then put back the cartridge...
this should solve the problem....
This error mean "non installed or defective print head".First open cover and remove the ink cartridges.Then open holder and remove the print head.Clean the contacts on printer and print head using piece of cotton and some alcohol.Then put back all again.If the problem persist you need to replace the print head.It's part number is QY6-0057.
I had a similar problem (error Code:2,140,2) in Canon PIXMA MP250 all-in-one, and it was solved when I replaced both ink cartridges which were in low ink (almost without ink).
I know an scanner problem is not supposed to be in relation with ink or printer problems, but that's the way I've fixed it.
One way is to hold the 'Stop/Reset' button for at least 5 seconds until
the display shows a new message about ignoring the current ink
condition. This does not reset the chip but it does allow you to continue printing with the refilled ink tanks.
First make sure that there isn't anything keeping the carriage from moving freely. Then follow the instructions below: How to clear Error Code Canon printers MP150 MP160 CANNON Printers MP150/MP160 ERROR CODE
E2-2 No paper (ASF) E3-3 Paper jam E4 No ink E5-5 The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed , or the ink cartridges are not installed properly E8 Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full
E9 The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing E14 The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong E15 Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown E16 -E19 Failed to scan head alignment sheet E22 Carriage error E23 Paper feed error E24 Purge unit error E25 ASF(cam) sensor error E26 Internal temperature rise error E27 Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full E28 Ink cartridge temperature rise error - E29 EEPROM error E33 Paper feed position error E35 15 USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB E37 17 Abnormal motor driver error E40 20 Other hardware error E42 22 Scanner error
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button. 2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button. 3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection) 4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.) The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off 1 time Orange Service pattern print 2 times Green EEPROM print 3 times Orange EEPROM reset 4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset procedures below. 5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting procedures below. 6 times Green Print head deep cleaning 11 times Orange Button / LCD checking 12 or more times Returns to a menu selection If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe