Question about Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK DVD Recorder
Depending on the formats of the discs you tried, and assuming they are the correct ones for this machine, it sounds very much like a defective DVD drive and/or software within the unit. If it is under warranty take it to an authorised service agent/workshop for assessment to see if it needs a new drive or not. If it isn't reading any discs, and the unit is brand new, it would most likely be the drive which would be at fault.
Posted on Feb 01, 2011
I have 2 PANA DMR-EZ48V recorders. Most of the DVD problems are due to the 'laser' being dirty. It's easy to fix !!
1) Remove top cover (2 screws L & R and 3 rear)
2) Remove top cover of DVD drive (4 screws) and lift off from rear.
3) Clean 'laser' with a SOFT Q-TIP using alchohol ... tape head cleaner works well ... and buff dry with other end of Q-TIP. MAKE SURE NOT TO USE MUCH PRESSURE WHEN DOING THIS !!!!!
4) While you're at it, clean out any dust or dirt and make sure that the 2 chrome shafts are lightly lubricated.
5) Clean disc spindle with remaining solution on Q-TIP.
6) Put it all back together and plug it in !!!
I've had to do this just about once a year, and it seems to work for me.
Posted on Feb 26, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2015 | GoVideo VR3930 DVD Player/VCR
Aug 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 03, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 06, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 14, 2008 | Panasonic DMR-EH75VS DVD Recorder/VCR/HDD...
May 23, 2007 | RCA DRC8300N (DRC8300NWITHREBATE) Burner
464 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!