Question about Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Okay, I'm not the greatest when it comes to computers, but I do know a few things about them. Is there any way to use my Verizon wireless card with my internal wireless. The only port I can see is for the Express card.
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A305-6825 that I just recently bought at Best Buy and I am in the midst of moving and don't have the time to see the Geeks.
To create a working connection:
1. In the Network Connections folder, right-click Wireless Connection, and then click Properties.
2. Click Configure, and then on the Advanced tab, configure your wireless network by using the available configuration options. The available options and option names may vary depending on the driver manufacturer.
The following list describes the basic configuration options:
• Service Set Identifier (SSID): This setting will match the configuration of your wireless access point or router. If you do not have an access point, this value will be the same on all the computers that are in your wireless network.
• Wireless Equivalent Protocol (WEP) or Encryption: Disable WEP on both the access point and in these properties for testing purposes.
• Mode or Network Type: If you have an access point, set this option to Infrastructure. If you do not have an access point and you are connecting computer to computer, set this option to Ad-Hoc.
• Data Rate: Set this option to Auto or to 11 Mbps.
• Power Save: For troubleshooting, set Power Save to Off or to Disabled. After the connection works correctly, you can change this setting.
3. After you configure these options, click OK to save your changes.
4. Test your connection. If a red "X" appears over the connection icon in the Network Connections folder or if you cannot connect, continue troubleshooting.
5. Click Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc in the Open box.
6. In Computer Management, double-click Services and Applications, and then click Services.
7. In the details pane, right-click Wireless Zero Configuration, and then click Properties.
8. In the Startup type box, click Disabled, and then click OK.
9. Quit Computer Management, and then restart the computer.
With this configuration, you can connect to the wireless network if the other network configuration is correct. If the Wireless Connection icon appears in the notification area as a working connection, the wireless connection will work.
For Toshiba wireless troubleshooting tips
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
this works on it's own. like it is needed to connect to verizon wireless internet. your internal on the other hand is designed to work with a home networking equipment such a wireless router (one that is connected to the internet via DSL / Fiber / Cable / etc).
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
The Verizon wireless card should work straight out as long as the IP configurations are correct. In effect you would have two (2) wireless networking with the Verizon as active/enabled/connected. Additionally, you can also turn off the built-in Toshiba high-speed 802.11a/b/g wireless LAN to save on resources. As long as you direct your Toshiba to connect to the Internet using the Verizon, there should be no issues. Of course, installation/configuration instructions are normally available with and in a CD that came with the Verizon.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2010 | Motion Computing MOTION LE1600 Notebook
Jan 24, 2010 | Gateway 4542GP Notebook Computer With...
Sep 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 01, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V6110US (882780849006)...
Feb 16, 2009 | Sony VAIO PCG-K23 Notebook
Jan 28, 2009 | HP 14.1 Refurbished Thinkpad, 1.13GHz...
Jan 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 20, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Jan 07, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite M45-S265 Notebook
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!