Question about Hotpoint Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the washer doesn’t operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power, or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine’s overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself. Then restart the machine. Otherwise:
1) Be sure the machine is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it’s plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer, and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch. If it doesn’t click when you do this, it’s probably broken. If you’re experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call a repairperson.
5) If the washer still doesn’t work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Thanks for your question
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Sounds like it could be relatively expensive to put right.
Personally, I think you would be better in investing in a new washer, more so in view of the fact that is 7 years old.
There are numerous possibilities for the symptoms you describe.
Hope this helps you to come to a decision.
Posted on Dec 29, 2009
Depends where it is stuck. If near the very front you can sometimes get them by removing the door seal to gain a small access between drums. Other ways is remove the outlet pipe from the bottom of the drum or easiest and most probable area where it stuck is remove heating element. Provides a better view and bra wires normally get stuck on them.
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2015 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Nov 02, 2014 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Jan 02, 2013 | Hotpoint Ultima WF860 Front Load Washer
Feb 18, 2011 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
May 03, 2010 | Washing Machines
Nov 04, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
Dec 29, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Nov 14, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Dec 11, 2007 | Hotpoint TDC32 Electric Dryer
Aug 16, 2017 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Aug 08, 2017 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: