Question about IBM ThinkPad T22 2647 Notebook
to remove the hard disk, remove screws from small hard disk drive door (loacted on back of notebook), disconnect the hard disk by removing two screws (if applicable) pull tab to remove disk.
if you do eventually get access to your operating system , when computer runs normally ---
run this test ,, read carefully and follow instructions - go to this link and download the program first
then follow instructions below.
Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test is a diagnostic tool that tests the hard drives in Lenovo ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and Lenovo 3000 computers running Windows XP or Vista released after January 2004. If you are experiencing issues with your Lenovo product, you may run this test to determine if your issues are hard drive related.
Running Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test
To run Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test from Windows, follow these steps:
1. Download the test to your computer.
2. Run the application install and choose the defaults. Once installed, the application will be placed under a "Lenovo Services" choice on your Start Menu.
3. If the application detects that the Lenovo System Toolbox is already installed, it will ask whether you want to continue the installation. This is because the new hard drive test is installed by default as part of the Lenovo System Toolbox.
4. Choose a drive if you have more than one drive.
5. Start the Test
Testing in process:
1. The test may take 4 to 6 minutes depending on the size and speed of the drive.
2. When the diagnostics are complete, a message will be displayed indicating that test "Passed", "Failed", or "further testing is required to verify the drive's proper operation". If further testing is required, start running the extended test. The test may take more than an hour depending on the size and speed of the drive.
3. When the diagnostics are complete the extended test, a message will be displayed indicating that the test Passed" or Failed".
4. If the test failed, contact Lenovo Support Center
Note: Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test is included in http://www.lenovo.com/systemtoolbox
Lenovo System Toolbox is a full application of computer diagnostics utilities.
hope this helps
Posted on Nov 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Jun 16, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad A31 Notebook
Apr 10, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad T40 2373 Notebook
Dec 19, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad R51 Notebook
Dec 18, 2007 | IBM ThinkPad 600E 2645 Notebook
Oct 30, 2007 | IBM ThinkPad T21 Notebook
Jan 02, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad T22 2647 Notebook
336 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: