Question about Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
This is a very common problem. There are many reasons for this.
1. The canister was tightened with a wrench when re-installling. NEVER tighten a filter housing with a wrench after replacing the filter! Only by HAND! This is the main reason they are so hard to remove.
2. Filters swell in the housing.
3. The housing itself can swell.
4. The pressure relief button does not work properly.
5. Sediment buildup causes back pressure.
6. Sediment gets trapped on the threads from previous filter changes.
7. Off brand filters, especially those made overseas, frequently are not sized according to specs and can cause these problems. It is best to stay with a brand you know and has worked previously.
8. A bad o-ring will cause people to over tighten the canister because of leaks. Inspect and lubricate the o-ring (every filter change) and replace it yearly.
The best way to remove a stubborn filter canister is to shut off the incoming water, bypass the water softener, go to the nearest cold water faucet and let it run until the pressure dies off. Turn off the outlet on filter, hold the pressure relief button down on the housing (to relieve any more pressure) and remove the housing with the "appropriate" filter housing wrench. If it is still hard to remove repeat the process. After removing the canister, clean the head and canister threads with a clean cloth, lubricate them with silicone lube or plumbers water supply lubricant. It also helps to clean the inside of the housing with a 1/2 tsp of bleach, rinse and wipe it out thoroughly. This prevents any introduction of bacteria into the water system, which is also a very common problem and where "smells" can derive from.
Posted on May 17, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2012 | Pool & Spa
Aug 09, 2012 | Fish
Jun 21, 2011 | 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
May 22, 2011 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Dec 15, 2010 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jul 31, 2010 | Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Nov 07, 2008 | Bissell Lift-Off(R) Revolution(R) Turbo...
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: