Question about Paradyne 6211 ADSL2+ Router (6211I1200)
How to setup pppoa connection using this modem, qwest is my ISP
I assume that the physical conenction of the modem to the computer is ok. if so,
- you need to access the modem's setup page by entering http://192.168.1.1 on your web browser's address bar. the default username is "user" and the default password if :admin"
- click on "device info" and select "quick setup", you can check the box "DSL Auto-connect" that will automatically detect your PVC (vpi & vci) but if you already knew these info, you can just enter it on the screen and click on "next"
- then go to "advanced setup", select "wan"
- if you don't have any "wan setup", you can click on "add" but if you do have one, you can just click on "edit" if it's not the correct internet settings
- then it'll promt you to select more settings like the "vpi" and the "vci", the "service category" (note: for the service category, you can select "UBR w/o PCR" but to make sure that it's the correct setting, you can ask your ISP). click on "next"
- select now "pppoa" or "power over atm"
- then select "vc/mux" for the "encapsulation mode"
- then click on "next", then click on "finish" to save the settings
hope this'll help you.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2011 | Zhone 6211-I3-200 Router
Aug 16, 2009 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Apr 02, 2009 | Zyxel Prestige 660HW Wireless Router...
Apr 18, 2008 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Mar 04, 2008 | Paradyne 6211 ADSL2+ Router (6211I1200)
Feb 08, 2008 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Jan 27, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7233) Wireless Router
Nov 08, 2007 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Oct 03, 2007 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
Jul 14, 2011 | Paradyne 6211 ADSL2+ Router (6211I1200)
551 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: