Re: Tv display black bar in the middle of the screen
I battled with this for a while before I realized that my 18 month year old had somehow turned on one of the less common closed caption modes. Since the mode was not supported, it just displays a black frame over most of the screen. Just turn it off and you are good to go.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CHANGING THE SCREEN ASPECT RATIO: ( From Manual )
The TV can display images in four different modes: Wide, Zoom, Panoramic, and Normal. Each mode displays the picture differently. To change the screen aspect ratio:
1. Press the MENU button on the remote.
2. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight the Wide icon. Press OK.
3. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight your desired screen mode and press OK:
• Normal preserves the content's original aspect ratio. Since the 4:3 aspect ratio is not large enough to fill the TV's screen, black bars are added to the left and right of the display image.
• Wide stretches a 4:3 aspect ratio picture to the edges of the screen. Since the picture is being stretched, the display image may appear distorted. If the program is already formatted for widescreen viewing (1.85:1 or 2.35:1), then black bars will appear on the top and bottom of the display image.
• Zoom expands images with black bars to fit the screen.
• Panoramic expands the display image to fill the screen.
images may appear wider than intended.
If you are watching widescreen (1.85:1 or 2.35:1) content, black bars will still appear on the top and bottom of the display image. This option is only available when the TV is displaying a 480i/480p source.
Ok if your hitachi TV dies with no power anywhere try this: Some models have a kill switch under the bottom edge. It's like a gray switch like a small light switch press it back in and voila let there be LIGHT. Saves you at least a $200 trip to repair shop!!
I have a DAEWOO PD46C10 recently it would come on display a beautiful picture play for 10 minutes and the screen would go black.After several minutes reset turn it on and the process starts again.Whats the problem and where can I get it repaired???????????
For Models: CC4352, CC4362, CC4393.
Your camcorder has a wide format recording mode that lets you make recordings compatible with the 16x9 format. When 16x9 is activated, the camcorder records black bars at the top and bottom of the picture to produce the wide-screen (movie) effect. This is also known as "letterbox" recording.
Do not use this mode unless you have a compatible 16x9 TV. When played on a regular TV, black bars appear on the screen.
If the 16x9 feature is activated on your camcorder and you want to turn it off, press REC/PAUSE to pause recording, and repeatedly press DIGITAL EFFECTS until no digital effects display appears.