Question about Samsung HP-R4252 42 in. Plasma HDTV
This is one of the common problem with this unit.
Please tell me if the lines appear on all inputs ? DVD, TV, Video 1,etc
Are the lines showing in the TV menu ? (if it is in that area)
Sounds like a problem with the bottom row of buffer boards,
ribbon cable connectors or the panel itself.
This is an internal failure and needs repair / replacement of any of the 5 components / boards viz
1. Ymain - supplies the scan voltage to light the panel.
2. Buffer boards (upward to 5 in a set 3 on the bottom and 2 on the side)- Supply the data and connect the voltage to the correct pixels in the panel
3. Logic board - the brain it takes the video and turns it into the signal required to instuct the buffers which pixels to light to make the picture complete.
4. Power supply - self explaining
5. The X/Z sustain responsible to light the panel in black and clear the picture between each frame
You need to have electronics repair experience to repair this. Kindly take all the precautions as i could only guide you.You would need multimeter and might need to do soldering.
Let me know,so that we could proceed.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Nov 15, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2018 | Samsung Televison & Video
Nov 20, 2015 | Sony Televison & Video
Sep 21, 2014 | Samsung UN60ES7500 60 Inch 3D 1080p Smart...
Sep 27, 2013 | Televison & Video
Aug 15, 2012 | LG Televison & Video
Jun 16, 2017 | Sanyo DP46848 LCD TV
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!