Question about HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Hi Good day!!!
Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:
(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now
If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.
Thank you for using FixYa
don't forget to vote thanks!!
Posted on Nov 15, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2018 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
May 08, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 28, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 25, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Jan 22, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 13, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 21, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 04, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
1,630 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!