Question about Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
First of all please make sure that all connections are tight and proper.
Following are few more suggestions for you.
1. Make sure that the word "Wii" and the model number "RVL-002 (USA)" molded into the AC adapter. Unlicensed products are not fully compatible and may not work correctly.
2. (Did you use unlicensed products!) Avoid the use of unlicensed products such as memory cards, controllers, and cheat devices. Some of these products are poorly manufactured and may result in damage to your system. If one of these products is attached to your system, remove it and try resetting the AC Adapter (see below).
3. Check all accessories, licensed or not, for phsyical damage. Physical damage, such as frayed wiring or a cracked housing can cause the system to shut down. Remove any damaged products and try resetting the AC Adapter (see below).
4. Make sure the Wii has good ventilation. Avoid operating the Wii while it's on carpeting or inside an enclosed space. If you have the Wii placed in a vertical position, make sure the vent on the bottom is lined up properly with the hole in the plastic stand and no foreign material is obstructing that hole.
5. Check the vents on the back and side of the Wii for dust build up. The system will shut down if it cannot vent properly to prevent overheating. If there is a build-up, remove it using a vaccum cleaner with a soft brush attachment.
6. Make sure that your wall outlet works. To check it, try plugging a lamp into the same outlet where your system was plugged in. Turn the lamp on the verify the outlet works. Also, make sure you are not using an outlet that is operated from a wall switch. If you do, make sure the wall switch is in the ON position.
7. Make sure the AC adapter is attached properly. Firmly plug your AC adapter into the back of the Wii (the port is labeled 12V IN) and into a working wall outlet. Click here for detailed instructions.
8. Once plugged in, check the power light on the Power button to see if the system is receiving power.
If this fails, try resetting the AC adapter.
1. Unplug/remove all accessories from the system (including game discs, SD Cards, memory cards, Nintendo GameCube controllers, hookup cables, the AC Adapter, and Sensor Bar) from the outlet and Wii.
2. Let the system rest for about 90 seconds. While you're waiting, check to see that controller cords, AC Adapter, and Stereo AV cables/Component Video cables are not frayed or have exposed wires (this can cause the system to shut off); if so, you should replace those parts.
3. After the 45 seconds, Plug the AC Adapter into the system and wall outlet. Check to see if the power light on the Power button comes on.
o If the system works, plug ONE accessory into your system starting with the Sensor Bar, then turn the system on to see if it still works. Repeat this process with ONE accessory at a time. If your system doesn't work once you put a particular accessory in (Sensor Bar, GameDisc, Nintendo GameCube controller, Memory Card, SD Card, etc.), there may be something defective with that accessory.
If all this doesnt help then You will have to get it repaired.
If the power does not come on, a repair will be necessary. Because it is not possible to determine which item (Wii console or A/C Adapter) needs repair, please call wii Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700 to discuss available options.
if its under warranty then you should definitely send it for repair..
but if its not then I would recommend opening it up.
Use lightly compressed air to clean out and look for loose connections...
I hope it works out for you.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Nov 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2014 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jul 01, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Apr 17, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Mar 04, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Feb 11, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Sports for Wii
Jan 01, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Play for Wii
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: